January 2011 Moms
Options

ultrasounds

Is anyone else scheduled for an ultrasound? We are 35 weeks this week and have not had one since about 13 weeks when we had the amnio. Just curious.... I would love to see him one more time before he is born!

Re: ultrasounds

• Options

No more ultrasounds here. 

Did they seriously not do an anatomy scan around 20w?  I thought that was standard practice to check all the parts and organs and whatnot...

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    Dare I say I'm almost ultrasounded out?  I've had one every 2 weeks since 2 weeks and I have my last one I think next wed!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We did our ultrasound early. We had the amnio at 13 weeks, and that came out perfectly. Then at about 15 weeks we had the completely anatomy screen and all was perfect.

I was just wondering if it was standard practice to get another ultrasound in the third trimester to asses size and growth. I would like to have one before we deliver in January.

• Options
    No, ultrasounds after the anatomy scan aren't standard at most practices.  As long as there's no medical issue requiring another ultrasound, or concern about growth, my doctor wouldn't do one.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options

I wish I wasn't having another one!

I have one tomorrow afternoon to check her position. She was breech at 33 weeks. 

I only got 2 last pregnancy. But this one had a couple complications, so I've gotten 4 so far. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecdobry01:
    No, ultrasounds after the anatomy scan aren't standard at most practices.  As long as there's no medical issue requiring another ultrasound, or concern about growth, my doctor wouldn't do one.
    That.
  • Options
    I'm having one the week after New Year's to check the baby's size, I have GD.  Other than that one coming up my doctor only does a 9-12 week one.  We had to go to a private company for our anatomy scan at 20 weeks.
  • Options
    Yes, I have one on Monday 27th and I will be 36 weeks. I was very happy when they stated I would get one to check position and growth, but that will  be my last one. Can't wait!
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I will be getting a script for one tomorrow. My LO was transverse last week and I think she wants to check the size. It seemed like she was ordering one regardless of his position.
  • Options
    I am getting one next week because the baby is breech and they want to see if they can do an external version.
  • Options
    My office doesn't do any more after the anatomy scan unless there's a medical reason-they don't do a standard one about growth/size before the birth. Honestly, I'm glad. I would rather they not try to estimate his size when it can be so inaccurate from what I've heard from others.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My doctor is having us have an ultrasound tomorrow at my 37 week appointment. She just wants to make sure that Nora's head down. I am so excited to see her again! This time, we get to take my stepdaughters. I can't wait for them to hear their sister's heartbeat and get to see her! My friend has the same doctor, and had told me that the OB ordered another ultrasound for her around this time. I think she just likes to make sure, and I am definitely not complaining!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"