Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Poll Enfamil vs. Similac ?

Which one do you use and why? 

I am not able to breast feed, no milk ;(.. need to use formula.

Re: Poll Enfamil vs. Similac ?

• biggest difference:  enfamil (and all generics) has palm oil, similac does not.

I like similac, used it for DD1 and started DD2 on it. Once she was out of the NICU, I went with target brand, and will be switching to enfamil at Christmas so that she's on it for her surgery on the 28th (hospital policy is that they have to provide her formula while she's there, similac isomil still isn't available in powder around here since the recall a few months ago) and once she's home, I'll switch her back to the target brand.

**the only reason we didn't stick with similac for dd2 is that the isomil powder is not available around her currently.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Similac Advance; it's what they gave us for him at the hospital. 
    TTC #2 since 09/2016
    BFP 11/29 - m/c @ 5w
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • They gave DD Similac at the hospital first, but kept spitting it out, so switched her to Enfamil and thats what she likes, she is a very picky baby.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Similac is all my baby's stomach will tolerate
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried both of those with no luck. She is on gerber and doing great, gaining weight (since she was a preemie that is most important) and no spit up.
  • He started on Similac in the hospital, but seems to spit it up quite a bit.  We're trying Enfamil Newborn, and the Soy version, too.  I breastfeed, and supplement w/formula when I can't meet his high demands.

He seems to do a little better with the Newborn.

My Dr's office had a bunch of samples.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Started out with Similac but she was soooooo fussy and gassy. We switched to Enfamil Gentlease and she's doing better on that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My kid's on soy.  I don't think it's recommended at all unless you need to feed your kid that. Just wanted to start out by saying that...my advice here may be useless.

We started DD off on Enfamil ProSobee because I wasn't able to find Similac due to the recall.  Her poops were hard.  Like adult poops.  It was awful and she screamed and cried and pushed.  I've heard DD isn't the only one that's had this problem.

Since switching to Gerber,she's had nice soft stinky poos!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • The hospital started DD with Enfamil, but once we got home we switched her to Similac Advance.  It was great for about a week but then she was having water-like poops (diarrhea), so we switched her over to Similac Fussiness & Gas...works great!  I ran out of that and had Enfamil Gentlease, but that really upset her stomach so I switched back to the Similac.

The Enfamil Gentlease also smelled sweet to me, a sickly sweet and I didn't like that too much, plus it made her bottle stink. 

• We switched from Similac Advanced to Enfamil A+ because the babies were super gassy, fussy and spitting up tons on Similac. Since we switched to Enfamil A+ it has calmed down quite a bit. Just depends on what your baby tolerates. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"