January 2011 Moms
Options

House pets acting strange

My ?ber cranky, un-cuddly cat has decided to sleep on me every night for the last few nights.  He is almost six-years-old and has never once tried this before.  Of course I'm convinced that he is trying to tell me that I'm going into labor soon!  Anyone else have strange acting animals in the house?
Charlotte Loveday was born December 26, 2010

Re: House pets acting strange

• Options
    My dog is crying all the time. Even when I'm petting him. Always crying. I think maybe he knows it's the beginning of the end of it being only him as our baby.
  • Options
    Yeah, my cat is typically really quiet and pretty aloof.  The past couple of days, though, he's been crying a lot for no apparent reason (he normally NEVER cries unless he's out of food or water) and every time I move around the apartment I seem to end up tripping over him because he's trying to rub up against me.  I keep wondering if he knows something I don't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

YES, AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ASK AROUND HERE IF THAT'S NORMAL!!! Sorry for the caps, but I mean seriously... I don't know where he is coming from.

My cat never has accidents and has peed on my scarf and sofa within the last week (marking his territory?). He doesn't have a urinary tract infection. He is ALWAYS clingy and he went from being super scary of my tummy around 28-35 weeks (baby kicked him and freaked him out), to now where he puts his head on my tummy and just lays there. This just started this week. All in all, he's just been clingy but not demanding, he only demands stuff from my hubby, such as food and play time. He tries to get into her car seat and bassinet every time he can, and her crib if her room door is open. Today I opened a package where someone sent her a blankie with an outfit, and he found the blankie and was walking around the apt with it... I had to give it to him because it now has holes in it (satin). Oh well, I hope the transition goes well.... that's all I can say.

• Options
    YES!  Our dog has been closer to me than my husband since day 1 but not like this! The past couple days he wont even let me go to the bathroom alone and usually giving him a bath is a huge to-do but yesterday he jumped in and listened so well...almost like he knew I really couldn't pick him up anymore myself (he weighs almost 100 pounds).  He never whines or makes much noise but will not shut up.  He always sleeps on his own bed in our bedroom but insists on sleeping at the foot of the bed, on my side, as long as he can get away with it.  I think pets know something is about to change!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Definately acting strange. We have 2 dogs. One is mine and the other is my mom's.

My Puggle (Mugg) is only 11 months old but he has been doing so well, never goes potty inside and only chews his own toys, until the last week or so. He has been pooping (thanksfully not peeing) all over the house when we first come back in from outside. (EVEN IF HE JUST WENT) He has also just destroyed my best pair of sneakers and a pair of my mom's good dress shoes.

Beau (mom's rat terrier) has been really clingy with me lately even when mama is there. usually he does not even acknowledge anyone else is in the house when she is there. Now, when he gets up to out in the morning he will come into my living room (I am having to sleep in my recliner because I can't get in and out of the bed) to check on me and make sue I am okay before he will go outside. And he will come into the room to check on me all day long to make sure I am okay.

and both of them are constantly under my feet and I have not been tot he bathroom alone for over a month.

sorry to hijack the thread but I think they know the time is near.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"