LGBT Parenting

How was your weekend?

Re: How was your weekend?

• I actually had a productive weekend.

Friday - ran to the store after work to pick up our Christmas cards, ate dinner with JB, got her to bed and then addressed our cards.

Saturday - We were out the door by 10am, ran to the post annex, Sam's Club, TJ Maxx, BRU and Target.  Got a Christmas tree and had lunch with a friend. That night I got lights on the tree and unpacked a few holiday decorations.

Sunday - Quick trip to the post office, bank, grocery store, mall.  Oh!! And JB met Santa! She didn't cry at all.  In fact she just stared at him and then stared at me.  I love the photo we got! :-)  We went home for an afternoon nap and then made a quck trip to Walmart and Lowe's.

I can't believe how much JB and I got accomplished this weekend!  Of course I still have to finish painting the master bathroom, do the laundry and tidy the house before K arrives on Wednesday but I think I'll get it done :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow two! i'm seriously impressed!

Friday I got the big kids out of school early and went to one of those $9.95 picture places.  I had zero expectation of a good picture, but I really wanted one of all three kids (since we did our "holiday" pics in October before Daisy was born).  Well, I was pleasently surprised! The kids did really well and the pictures came out great.  SO glad we went.

Saturday I recruited my mom to help me bring Sprout and RB to the dentist (RB's first check up!) while DW took Daisy to breakfast with some of her girlfriends.  After nap we all went to a cookie exchange party (i didn't have time for cookies, so I opted for fudge which turned out to be a big hit).

Sunday we went to Church (Sprout sang up front then sat decently well for the rest of the service - proud mama moment) then hung out at my parents' house for the afternoon.  We had a tough evening with Sprout talking back and just generally being rude so they were all in bed by 6:30 which freed me up to get some laundry done!

• Loading the player...
  • On Friday afternoon, DW's parents came for an overnight visit. We spent the evening celebrating DW's upcoming birthday and had a special dinner and a yummy Carvel ice cream cake.

On Saturday morning,  the puppy "graduated" from puppy kindergarten and then we all cooked and ate a big brunch. DW's parents left later that afternoon and DW and I spent the rest of the day and night relaxing.

On Sunday, my cousins came over to meet the baby and then I went to Babies R Us while DW finished up laundry.

The baby's pediatrician feels that we shouldn't take the baby out and about until he is between 6-8 weeks old. Spending so much time at home is REALLY getting boring!

• Friday- I worked from home and frantically tried to find speculum.  I felt really creepy calling around for one... But I found one in Maine and I according to tracking, it is on my front steps - hooray!  Friday night we did some Christmas shopping, for each other, on opposite ends of the mall... ahh newlywed bliss.

Saturday - we went to the gym (I ran 5 whole miles!) and then home to bake and bake and bake for my family holiday party, followed up by Kerri's later that night.  

Sunday - I took my dog, Grace, to Borderland State Park, down the street from my house.  We walked the 'quiet woods trail' and the 'pond side path' for hours.  It was brisk and beautiful and absolutely silent. K stayed home to clean and then we attempted to go shopping but got a bad 'holiday frantic buying' vibe and ditched our goods and got a beer and nachos.  Then we went home and watched the Pats.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Friday: I had so much fun hanging out with my mom! We dropped her dogs off at the groomers and then headed to the half price book store. We coured the clearance section and made out with a bunch of books for us a LOTS of $0.25 board books for Ky! We went to Red Robin for lunch. Neither of us has ever been and it wasy yummy! My mom ended up buying my dad a gift card there (she always gets him a bunch of different restaurant gift cards for Christmas) since she said it was "his kind of place". We ran into WalMart for my mom to get a bunhc of cards/gift cards and me to grab baby food/formula. Then we headed across the street to a gamestop for my dad's Christmas gift from me, DW, and Ky. By that time we had to go get the dogs form the groomer and ended up in a HUGE traffic jam by the mall! Once we got to her house I left Ky with her so I could grocery shop quickly. Got home in time to toss dinner in the oven and do some chores before DW got home.

Sat: Work...boo. I finished up Christmas shopping on my lunch break. After work I picked up Ky and then DW. We went to the mall and got Ky's ears pierced.  We have been debating it since she was 2 months old and was eligible to have it done. We finally bit the bullet....she howled louder than her first shots. Thankfully I was the one holding her so I did not see the face of betrayal....DW did! DW has never been to the shot appointments so she has never witnessed that face before, we left the store with DW cuddling Ky and promising her any toy in the mall.....I think DW was more traumatized than KY! We got home, put Ky to bed, and ate dinner.

Sun: Ky got up at a decent time and we played/cleaned until it was her nap time.  SHe apparently thought a nap was optional and I ended up putting her back in bed with DW....who in turn played with her and all thoughts of a nap were out the window. *sigh* The three of us got ready and headed up to Ann's parents house for their Christmas. We were the first ones there (which NEVER happens) so we played some new card games with her mom while we waited on every one else. Once her brother, SIL, and niece got there we ate dinner and opened presents. R (Ky's older cousin by 7 weeks) and Ky were so CUTE opening presents. By the time it was all done there weer two cranky babies in the house, so we got them into pjs and packed up to head home.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My weekend started early.  Thursday night DD's dad and I took DD to see Santa.  We have made this tradition with her and I am glad to be able to do that for her.  It was a REALLY late night for DD and a hard morning getting up Friday, but the pic turned out pretty good.

I took Friday off from work and my GF and I went to Portland for a little weekend getaway.  We had a FANTASTIC time.  During our time there we saw a burlesque show (my first one and it was awesome!), tried beers at 2 breweries, found a random bar owned by two gay boys who were just fantastic to chat with, ate waffles called the nutty pearfessor (nutella, pears, pecans and caramel sauce) at midnight from a food cart, shopped in Powell's Bookstore which is huge and completely overwhelming, walked around the city a bit, and napped and chatted and spent time just chilling.  It was a great way to spend the weekend before the craziness of Christmas and family.  We came home last night and I could not stop smiling, I had the best time.

And today...back to work, but a short week makes it ok!

• We had a super busy weekend.  Friday we hung at home and did christmas cards. 

Sat we mailed the majority of our cards and then went to a friend's to hang out and have lunch. 

Sat night my parents came over and S and I went out for a date night (it was so nice!).  We went to a fancy steak place since we had gift certificates and it was super yummy.  We went to the mall to pick up some presents for E and the niece and nephews.

Sunday we went to a friends house to decorate cookies and hang out.  It was fun.  We went home and worked on the felt farm and watched the Pats.  It is good that the game was on so late since it allowed us to get lots done on the farm.  While we still have so much to do I think we actually can get it done.  I will be posting our progress on the blog soon.

• Friday the kids and I went to bed early while L stayed up till midnight baking.

Saturday L went to run some errands while the kids and I stayed home waiting for someone to come and look and the play kitchen. Half hour before she is supposed to come, she sends an e-mail that she isn't coming. Grrrr. When L got home, we all went to Wal-mart to shop for the family that the clinic is sponsoring. After a family nap, we dropped the kids off at Parents Night Out at the gym and L and I went to an extravagant meal (well, for us), went to Target to get stocking stuffers, and to the mall to get my wedding ring (after not wearing it for 3 weeks, I feel like a newlywed!) The kids didn't get to bed till 11pm. Oof.

Sunday the kids slept till nearly 7:45. I think the late night, lingering cold, and darkness kept them in bed! We skipped church so L could do some paperwork and I could wrap the gifts for the family and clean up around the house. Went to lunch and then L went to see Harry Potter while I took the kids to a bowling party for a kid in their class. The kids had a blast and I enjoyed the pitcher of beer for the parents! :)

I am so happy to only have to work 3 days this week! Wheeeeee!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"