School-Aged Children

What to get an 8 year old girl for x-mas?

Hi ladies! It'll be a few years before I'm part of this board but I have twin sisters and have no idea what to get for them. Nothing holds their attention for any length of time.

What are you getting your daughters/nieces/sisters, etc.?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What to get an 8 year old girl for x-mas?

• My daughter is 8, so I think I can help!  She and most of her friends are really into American Girl dolls.  I like the "history" type dolls because they come with really cool stories about the time period they come from and there is always a really good "lesson" there.  She also plays with the DS, she likes the fashion type games and she plays Wii with her friends.  This year Santa is bringing her an IPod touch and accessories for her American Girl dolls. HTH
  • You can't go wrong with books (Little House on the Prarie series is good for this age) and craft supplies (Target and Micheals have a bunch to choose from, my girls like the jewelry making ones the best). 

A charm bracelet also makes a great gift and then for the next few years you can add charms to it.  I found some nice ones on Overstock that weren't too spendy. 

• Loading the player...
  • A Justice giftcard.

The girls in my class (3rd grade) love that place!

• Ditto books and craft kits.  My DD also really likes science kits, legos, and playmobil.  
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Claire's gift cards are really big, as well as Justice. Also the American Girl doll paraphernalia, as mentioned. Taylor Swift is a hit with a lot of girls this age, as is i-Carly. If they have a Wii a game would be good.
  • Thanks ladies! Those were some excellent suggestions; if I can find a charm bracelet I like, I'll probably go with that.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"