PCSing to Eglin AFB in March 2011- any recommendations on who to go to for prenatal care? — The Bump
Military Families

PCSing to Eglin AFB in March 2011- any recommendations on who to go to for prenatal care?

Hi all, I'm newly married and now (unexpectedly) 11 weeks as well. Husband is training in route to EOD school at Eglin AFB in Florida in March. We will be PCSing and I'm hoping that someone out there can give me an idea of a doctor that's good down that way. I"m from a small town so this is going to be an adventure :) I'd love some advice tho :)

Re: PCSing to Eglin AFB in March 2011- any recommendations on who to go to for prenatal care?

• Are you planning on being Prime or Standard?  Because if you have Prime, you do not really have a choice, since all Prenatal runs through their family clinic and you will be assigned a team.  You will get whomever is on call that day.

However, if you plan on not enrolling into Prime and going Standard (remember, while the prenatal and birthing is free, anything non pregnancy related will cost you a 15%-20% cost share until you reach your yearly CAT CAP).

I went standard for my birth and used Dr Wittaker, out of Fort Walton Beach.  I loved him and his practice.  They ran their appointments really well, their customer service was wonderful and he was a hoot. 

His number was 850-863-1000 I think. 

BUT he is in Fort Walton Beach, so depending on where you live, you may want to look at a provider who is further north (we actually lived west of Hurlburt Field).

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PP, Prime versus Standard is your first question.  Personally, I delivered my son on Eglin when we had Prime (DH is former AF and is now in the Nat'l Guard, at that time he was at tech school) and it was... not the experience I was hoping for.  I don't want to get into specifics unless you want them, 'cause if you are going to deliver there I don't want to scare you off it, but I am pregnant this time and I'm on Tricare Reserve Select, which is basically Standard.  I'm with Dr. Stoneking of White-Wilson Medical Center (huge medical complex down here) in FWB this time around.  Our DS's pediatrician is Dr. Krist, also with White-Wilson, and I adore both of them.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards