August 2011 Moms

Reglan for morning sickness

I had my first appointment today which was with the nurse going over history, education, and that type of thing.  She gave me a script for Reglan for my nausea and vomiting.  If that doesn't work they will give me something different.  Has anyone used Reglan for morning sickness and did it work?  I am having a good afternoon so I am hoping it works :-)
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reglan for morning sickness

• Sorry, have no history of taking Reglan. But, my OB gave both Zofran and phenergran and both work well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• It should work okay.  Might make you sleepy, and you don't want to take it for too long (several months) as it can cause tremors.  Ask them for Zofran if you decide to change.  It works well for lots of pregnant women and has fewer side effects (less drowsiness).  Good luck, hopefully you'll be feeling better with the Reglan and won't need anything else!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • M/S hasn't hit me yet, but I've always had acid reflux and a doc prescribed me Reglan once.  After reading all the side effects (tremors, facial distortion) from prolonged use, I decided not to take it because I didn't really need it.  Just be cautious that you are not on it too long.
  • I was given that during my last pregnancy for migraines.  I ended up only have a few so I had a lot of medicine left over.  It was great though cause I took it at the very end of my pregnancy for all the heartburn! 
  • Thanks for the replies ladies.  The babies I work with are on reglan for very long periods of time and I have never seen a bad side effect in any of them.  Hopefully I won't be on it too long anyway.  

Cara- that is good to know they gave it to you for migraines.  I have a history of migraines but (knock on wood) I haven't even had a headache since I got pregnant.  

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"