Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Looking for a female OB-GYN in the Las Colinas/Coppell/Valley Ranch area?

Hi everyone, 

I am new to the area and have NO ONE to turn to to ask about this. If anyone has been to, knows of, or can recommend a female OB-GYN in this area, I would be soo grateful. Carrollton and Lewisville are also pretty close by so for a doctor that's worth it, I'm willing to go there too! Thanks! 

Re: Looking for a female OB-GYN in the Las Colinas/Coppell/Valley Ranch area?

• Dr. Flowers in Grapevine she is the best :) and I just delivered at Baylor Grapevine and me and my DH and all our family/friends that visited us while there were very impressed by the service and care we received!  I could not have been happier with our experience and very impressed!!!  FWIW I have heard nothing but raves from others about Baylor Grapevine as well and several ppl recommend Dr. Flowers on this board.
    Baby <a href=BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagetaurus5683:
    Dr. Flowers in Grapevine she is the best :) and I just delivered at Baylor Grapevine and me and my DH and all our family/friends that visited us while there were very impressed by the service and care we received!  I could not have been happier with our experience and very impressed!!!  FWIW I have heard nothing but raves from others about Baylor Grapevine as well and several ppl recommend Dr. Flowers on this board.

Ditto!  Its not too much further of a drive and its worth it!!  Dr. Flowers is the best. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm seeing Dr. Jennifer Staud at Tuscan OBGYN in Las Colinas.  I haven't had my first pre-natal appt yet but she's been my dr. for years and I like her a lot.  I recommended her to a close friend when she found out she was PG and she had a great experience with her throughout pregnancy and delivery.  She delivers at Las Colinas Medical Center.
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Las Colinas Medical Center has a very high c-section rate.  A lot of their doctors routinely induce.  Just an FYI.  I delivered my daughter there in 06, with Dr Motta.  She's very nice, but her c-section rate is high.  I had one.
    Michelle BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We're at Tuscan OBGYN in Las Colinas also (I have a male Dr, Dr Hoffman, who has come highly recommended by several friends!), I just thought I'd pipe up since I saw someone mention them above.

I LOVE Dr H, and I love Tuscan's staff. The wait for appointments has always been very short (like 5 minutes or less usually!) I've been with them through Clomid, and now 3 months of pregnancy.  (And I have at least one friend who delivered two babies with him, neither of them C Sections)

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I go to Tuscan OBGYN as well;  I see Dr. Ramos.  My 2 of my good friends at work had their babies with Dr. R and have nothing but good things to say, and I've loved the care I've received thus far!

I love the staff as well!  Very friendly and courteous. 

• I go to Dr Staud as well. I LOVE her. She was wonderful throughout my pregnancy and though I had a c-section she honored my desire to go naturally and let me do it up until my baby did not tolerate it. I really liked that if it is your first baby she will make sure she is present for the delivery vs. another from the practice delivering. I have since recommended her to other friends. One of my friends had a baby and did not have a c section. All of the doctors in the practice seem great!
  • I actually have my first pre-natal appt this morning with Dr. Staud... so excited!!

• Let us know what you think!
  • Hope you like Tuscan! I was up there yesterday, and as usual I didn't have to wait but about 5 minutes to get called back. Their staff is great :) 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
  • Well, my appointment did not go well (most likely miscarrying soon) but Dr. Staud and all of the staff have been wonderful so far.  Thursday I had an appointment and an ultrasound and she and everyone was great about explaining what was going on and what I needed to look for and what I should do over the weekend to keep the pregnancy viable if there was a chance that I just ovulated WAY late.  I got the results of my 2nd blood test same day yesterday which is when I learned that it's not looking good.  Tomorrow I have a 3rd blood draw in the morning and another ultrasound and appt with Staud in the afternoon... I'm guessing to confirm that I am going to miscarry and see where we go from there.  :(

• I'm really sorry that things are not going well. I thought I'd also chime in in case you need a back up. I saw Dr. Kristin Carmichael with Medical Clinic of North Texas and delivered at LCMC (I didn't have to have a c-section). She was wonderful throughout my pregnancy and was especially awesome during the last several stressful weeks of my pregnancy when we discovered I have a blood disorder that affects delivery.  She did induce, but it was due to my blood issues and medication they had to put me on.

Good luck and best wishes to you. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"