Please avoid this bad doctor! — The Bump
Hudson Valley Babies

Please avoid this bad doctor!

Just a word of warning if any hudson valley moms-to-be are looking for an OB. I had a terrible experience with Dr Ronald Dinsmore. It was so bad that I feel the need to get the message out there so other women don't have to go through what I went through.

I was new to the area and newly pregnant and found Dr Dinsmore by searching doctor review sites online. I know now that those sites are totally unreliable so please don't use them. 

He was my doctor for the first half of my pregnancy and made me so unnecessarily stressed and anxious about the health of my baby. I think it was so he could order test after test even though my pregnancy had no complications. I dreaded the office visits because I never knew what to expect and when I left I still had no idea what was happening. He would always ask "any questions?" But how could I have any questions when he did not explain anything to me?! It was so emotionally stressful that I was wishing that I never had gotten pregnant.

I had this feeling that the office was more concerned with bringing in revenue than caring for patients. I left this doctor and let it go that we had different approaches to pregnancy and that some women probably really liked his style. Now, months later, they keep sending me bills and the bills keep getting bigger. I have to deal with protracted phone calls to my insurance company to straighten it out.  I honestly do believe that they view patients as a revenue stream and are extremely motivated to make as money as possible from them. I bet if I stayed with this doctor I would have ended up with a C-section so he could maximize his profits from my childbirth.

Everyone tells you how pregnancy is supposed to be this magical time in your life and for me it wasn't and a large part of that is due to this doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards