2nd Trimester

Maternity jeans- does the crotch always sag?

I bought my first pair of mat jeans today- I've been pregnant before but I got by of dress clothes. Anyway, being the newb that I am, I tried on these jeans (at MM Indifferent) and they felt comfy so I bought them. I put them on at home to wear them around the house and see how they felt, and I noticed the crotch was sagging.

I intend to only buy one pair of jeans so I'm wondering if this is the norm or if I should exchange. I really don't need the chafing thigh issues on top of everything else, come third trimester.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maternity jeans- does the crotch always sag?

• I hate Motherhood jeans. In my previous pregnancies, that is what I had and the crotch always sagged. This time, I invested in one good pair of maternity jeans from A Pea in the Pod. They aren't designer brand, but they do have the Secret Fit belly. Best pregnancy purchase EVER. I have worn them almost every.single.day. My advice - spend a few extra dollars - go to A Pea in the Pod and they will fit you for a pair of jeans that you love (mine were $80-$100). It will be worth it.
  • imagestos:
    I hate Motherhood jeans. In my previous pregnancies, that is what I had and the crotch always sagged. This time, I invested in one good pair of maternity jeans from A Pea in the Pod. They aren't designer brand, but they do have the Secret Fit belly. Best pregnancy purchase EVER. I have worn them almost every.single.day. My advice - spend a few extra dollars - go to A Pea in the Pod and they will fit you for a pair of jeans that you love (mine were $80-$100). It will be worth it.
    this is what I was afraid of. I have all the tags on and the receipt. I hope they don't hassle me about the return.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you try the same jeans on in a smaller size?  My maternity jeans (from MM) from last pg are too big and they sag like that.  My other MM pants are in a size smaller and all fit perfectly (and are super comfy!)  I'm going to MM this weekend to get a pair of jeans in a smaller size so I'll have them for the winter.

• I agree with the pp that the Motherhood jeans are just like that. It's not regular cotton jeans fabric, and they stretch out really badly. In my experience, even washing doesn't shrink them back up completely.

• Mine do  not sag anywhere. They are Seven for all Mankind.
  • Ditto the PPs about Motherhood jeans.  They are awful.  I want to get a nice pair of more expensive ones this time around, but I have also had luck with the Liz Lange maternity jeans from Target.
    I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • I have a pair from Gap Maternity that I love.  They are a skinny jean style and they stay up really well, and the band is comfy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • imageblathnat:
    I have a pair from Gap Maternity that I love.  They are a skinny jean style and they stay up really well, and the band is comfy. 

Must be different for everyone. I just bought skinny maternity jeans from Gap and I HATE them. The crotch and butt are sagging SO bad. 

• imageelyshaswedding:
    Ditto the PPs about Motherhood jeans.  They are awful.  I want to get a nice pair of more expensive ones this time around, but I have also had luck with the Liz Lange maternity jeans from Target.

For me my cheap 25 dollar liz lange jeans are the only ones I have found to actually fit me and not sag. All of the rest seem to sag in the butt or crotch area.  

• My jeans are Oh Baby by Motherhood with the secret fit belly, I got them from Kohls. I love them!

I have corduroy under belly pants from ON that I wear for work, and they constantly fall down and sag in the butt. And this is why I only wear them to work....where nobody cares how I look or how saggy my butt looks!

• I can't stand Motherhood's clothes (esp their jeans)  I wore them for my first pregnancy because I couldn't find petite length anywhere else.  They sag like crazy!!  This time around I discovered Thyme Maternity (in Canada) and their jeans are amazing.  I bought some Old Navy maternity jeans in the US when I was pregnant with DD and they were ok...too long for me though. 
  • The ones I've bought always sag.  I have a pair from Old Navy and a pair from somewhere else (Gap or Motherhood, not sure) and they both do that.  I'm already in the smallest size they had and I don't want to spend $100 on jeans I will only wear for a few months so oh well.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemandalynn1:

imageelyshaswedding:
    Ditto the PPs about Motherhood jeans.  They are awful.  I want to get a nice pair of more expensive ones this time around, but I have also had luck with the Liz Lange maternity jeans from Target.

For me my cheap 25 dollar liz lange jeans are the only ones I have found to actually fit me and not sag. All of the rest seem to sag in the butt or crotch area.  

OK I'm going to have to go to Target and check these out.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • at 16 weeks I was posting all the time about how much I HATED maternity jeans. They fell down.all.the.time. and were generally really uncomfortable. 

Fast forward to 20 weeks and they fit me just fine now.  Still not the most comfortable things I've every worn, but at least I don't have to hitch them up every few steps.  I do have two pair though, one demi panel for when I'm doing mostly walking (they stay up better) and one full panel for when I'm sitting most the day (they are more comfortable to sit in).

I bought my demi panels at GAP maternity and the full panels at Pea in a Pod. 

• Iris, I too like the Liz Lange maternity jeans, my only problem right now is that I don't fit in my regular pants without some major uncomfortablness and my bump doesn't keep the pants up all the time but i am thinking if i give it a few weeks it will be fine.  Until then I am living in my sweatpants unless I must go in public until maternity pants fit me better hahaha.  I do have some cords that I got at Kohls that are awesome and would buy them in every color if possible, i assume they are motherhood? not sure.  but i do know the motherhood jeans i tried on did sag and i will not be revisiting them haha.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've received a few pairs as hand-me-downs.  The problem for me seems to be that the material that makes up the band part isn't strong enough to hold up the heavier jean material. This isn't an issue with any of my other pants.  I've found that if I wear a BeBand over the panel of the jeans, they stay up.  It's definitely annoying to fumble around with another layer of material all day long, but I only wear jeans on Fridays to work - I stick with my khakis or sweats on the weekends. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"