Pre-School and Daycare

How much have you spent on Xmas for your child/children?

I think I may be going overboard this year. LOL. I think it's because my dd is really getting into Xmas. She actually sat on Santa's lap this year (of course I wasn't present to witness!). She only asked for 3 things but I can't help myself. My husband of course was of no help I had to do all the shopping so he wasn't there to control me. I pretty much spent my bonus check from work ($400) on both of them. I'm doubting some of that spending and wondering if I should return some! I didn't buy really expensive things. My most expensive was $40.00. Everything else was $30.00 and under. How much did you spend this year?

Re: How much have you spent on Xmas for your child/children?

• I totally went overboard too. I was thinking I would spend $300 total on both but I ended up almost at $450. I didn't realize how much I had until I started wrapping it all.

I'm not going to take anything back because I got good deals and I'm really excited to give them their gifts. We hardly ever spend money on fun stuff. Plus, I scored great gifts for toys for tots too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We spent way too much, as usual. But honestly, we save up the money in our Christmas fund over time so it's money that I'm not worried about spending. They still have about $100 in their fund, even after buying toys to donate. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My budget for DD was $200, but I think I came in a bit under, so that is going to go towards getting some decorations for her room.

DS (who isn't even born yet), had a budget of $150, and I know I am right on the verge of going over on him, but that money is also paying for all of his nursery decor, so I am not too worried about going over on his stuff.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Including stocking stuffers, I've probably spent $100 on each of them.  The boys get a TON of stuff from family on Christmas Eve so I try to keep it simple on Christmas morning.  

This year they will have 2 gifts from Santa and  2 from DH and me.  Even that is more than I had planned on!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• hmm with the jammies i bought them today--probably under $75 total for both of them :)   together.   we do a toy swap in my mom's group so part of their gift comes from that.   i bought them piggy banks for $10, and their names made out of wood for another $10 (so hmm probably under $60!)

they are young and the only grandchildren and have two aunts who are single so right now mommy and daddy get off easy because everyone else wants to spoil them!  score for us!

• I just added it all up (well guessing what I spent on each item), I have spent about $275 on Braelyn and $150 on Carly.  Braelyn has about 28 items to open plus stocking stuffers and Carly has 20 things to open plus stocking stuffers.  I got AWESOME deals. I buy all year round. And actually a few of their gifts were $30 items that I got for less then $10 a week after Christmas last year.

Thanks for posting. I figured I had spent way more then that so I am very happy with these numbers!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We probably spent a little too much too. On Cayden (who's actually my nephew) we spent about $350. I think it was kind of a guilt/sorrow thing since my brother in law was KIA in Iraq earlier this year and his mom's not present in his life. It's Jocelyn's first Christmas (only going to be 1 month and 1 day old) and we spent about $300 on toys and clothes that she can use and wear later once we're out of preemie clothes. 
  • We got 4 presents for each child for a total of about $100 each. And I think I spent $40-50 total on stocking stuffers.
    Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • She probably has well over $500 worth of stuff, but we only spent about $150 maybe a little less. We were very lucky and got a FP doll house for practically free and two  American Girl dolls for free. We bought a bunch of stuff on closeout and sale.  

• We spent about $150... the bulk of the purchase was a drum set, and then just a couple little things.  I have NOTHING for his stocking... ugh... I forgot all about it until now!  I guess I'd better make a Target run soon :)
  • I managed to spend under $100 for each child (so under $400 total).  We are teaching them now that Christmas isn't about how many toys you get.  They also have to "buy" for one of their siblings (we pick names out of a hat)  The first Christmas I spent $300 on my three month old... I learned my lesson then!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Balance bike - $60

Toolbench - $60

Magnetic dress-up toy - $20

STocking stuffers from Santa - $30?

I hadn't added it up before - <$200, and DD will be 4 in Feb.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
  • imagemarriedchick06:

I just added it all up (well guessing what I spent on each item), I have spent about $275 on Braelyn and $150 on Carly.  Braelyn has about 28 items to open plus stocking stuffers and Carly has 20 things to open plus stocking stuffers.  I got AWESOME deals. I buy all year round. And actually a few of their gifts were $30 items that I got for less then $10 a week after Christmas last year.

Thanks for posting. I figured I had spent way more then that so I am very happy with these numbers!

50 items for two little girls? I'd die opening all those presents. Plus what your family got them? I ask everyone to be modest every year, since she usually passes out about halfway through, and she probably gets 3-6 items per branch, so maybe 20-25 things total?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"