VBAC

Saw the NP... Pretty sure the MD will give me the thumbs down too :(

This will be baby #3, with 2 prior C/S. I asked about VBAC with my second & was told that the hospital was not equipped for a VBAC (Level II) and I was also NOT a candidate. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong with #1 did. :( I never progressed past 5cm, she was 8.6lb & I am very petite, her head was HUGE, meconium in my water 12+ hrs & was never checked, my temp was 103.8 when my MD saw me, baby was showing occasional distress. ??? So they feared #2 would be larger & have a similar outcome anyway. She was only 6.6lb, tiny head. :)

The past year has overwhelming evidence that supports VBAC after 2+ C/S... Even my hospital's website encourages pt's to look at this possibility. (The NP had no idea this was cited on their page). I even work in the same hospital network & have seen the admission orders to prove my MD & her partner do this, after she has told me they don't ??? When I saw the NP, I thought I presented a good case & even asked her to tell me my score 0-10 & what made me not qualify. She was pretty confident that the MD would agree I was too risky, but wrote it on my chart to discuss during the next visit. :( I wish I could just have a STORK drop off my baby... :) Much easier!

Re: Saw the NP... Pretty sure the MD will give me the thumbs down too :(

• What on earth would they do if a first time mom or non-VBAC needed a c/s?  Sounds like a new doc or hospital is in order if you want a VBAC, so frustrating and I'm sorry! 

DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry - I hope the MD has a different POV, but I agree, if you can, it may be time to shop around for a new care provider.  I know that made me feel much better about my chances for a VBAC - it's amazing the load it lifted from my shoulders!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh that sounds frustrating.  If you want a VBA2C, I think you should keep looking.  Hopefully you can find someone more supportive.

Your girls are beautiful :) 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • how frustrating!  I agree though, I would look for another provider.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageShansBride:
    how frustrating!  I agree though, I would look for another provider.  Good luck!

Ditto.  When I was seeing my OB I was actually wishing I hadn't gotten pregnant because I didn't want to give birth with such a negative provider.  I switched to a midwife and love her.  I'm excited now for this LO's birth. 

• I think that sometimes being pregnant and preparing for birth can be stressful enough (especially when you have other children) so I would want to find a provider and group that was very supportive.  You won't want to deal any unnecessary negativity from other people doubting you.  I'd shop around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"