Pennsylvania Babies

Looking for OBGYN!!!

I've seen a couple of OBGYNs in the area and not been pleased with them. My first two children were delivered in TN and MS and I absolutely LOVED my doctors. I live in Mechanicsburg.

Does anyone around here LOVE their OBGYN? Honestly, I'd just like a great bedside manner...I'm not asking for a lot. Tongue Tied 

Re: Looking for OBGYN!!!

• I love love mine! 

I see Cheri Gard (the midwife) at Eichenlaub and May in Lancaster, right off Rohrerstown Road.  I even saw Cheri at Longhorn one time and she ended up sitting with us and talking for like half an hour!   I also love Dr. Eichenlaub.  If for some reason Cheri wouldn't be available anymore (tear!!) I would have no problems continuing with Dr. Eich.   He actually delivered my son, and handled my mastitis after. 

I find Dr. May a bit.. cold.  She just tends to be all business.  But, there is no 'see every doctor' requirement, so it didn't matter to me that she's in the same practice. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• I go to Center for Women's Health in Camp Hill and I have nothing but good words for them. I go see Dr. Manning if possible, but everyone there is so nice and sweet. DH and I went though two miscarriages with them and they were more then caring for us. They even made sure DH was ok... asking him questions and stuff. They have treated us with great respect and caring. I am very happy with them and Holy Spirit Hospital.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure where you are located but I use the Center for Womens Health in Camp Hill.  They have taken care of me through two miscarriages and two deliverys, now onto pregnancy #5.  I have been nothing but happy with them, they are very responsive to concerns and through my miscarriages the doctors were so kind.  Dr. Manning is my favorite doctor there, and Michelle the midwife is awesome.  There is only one doctor that I am not thrilled with there, and he was on call when I was in labor with my first, I asked if I could have a midwife instead and it wasnt a problem.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • imageMrsPABlondie:
    I'm not sure where you are located but I use the Center for Womens Health in Camp Hill.  They have taken care of me through two miscarriages and two deliverys, now onto pregnancy #5.  I have been nothing but happy with them, they are very responsive to concerns and through my miscarriages the doctors were so kind.  Dr. Manning is my favorite doctor there, and Michelle the midwife is awesome.  There is only one doctor that I am not thrilled with there, and he was on call when I was in labor with my first, I asked if I could have a midwife instead and it wasnt a problem.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Both our post seem so similar!! What is the doctor that you where not thrilled with if you mind me asking.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• I was laughing when I read your post!   Sounds like we have had very similar experiences there.

Dr. Long is the one I'm not crazy about, theres just something about him that I dont like.  Michelle delivered my first and Dr. Stegman delivered my second and my only complaint is that Dr Stegman was so convinced that I was going to be in labor for a really long time so he wouldnt let me get the epidural when he broke my water - I gave birth a very painful med-free 45 minutes later!

Have you met most of the drs and midwives?     

• I haven't met all the doctors yet. I met Bonnie with our last miscarriage and she was just so sweet. I also met the other midwife (Can't remember her name) but she is the very pretty blonde. Then I never met Dr. Manning, but spoke with her on the phone at 3:00am when we passed our baby. She was so nice and so carrying and even made sure DH was ok... I wrote her a Thank you note because it was so traumatic for both of us and she just reassured us. Bonnie also got a rush on my ultrasounds, because I had a SCH bleed at week 7 and was bleeding around week 8 and she wanted to make sure everything was going well. Also, Dr. Long was on duty when we had our first ultrasound and for some reason my prescription to get it done never came in, so he give the prescription without even meeting me. I am planning on giving a natural birth without medication. I would like to do a water birth, but I don't know their opinion on that. We live in Lewisberry and I am afraid that we live too far away from a hospital to try to birth at home. With this being our first... I am bit nervous about that.

How was your experience at Holy Spirit hospital? I would really like to get a review on the hospital itself. Are they rush to get a c-section. Are they open to 'non traditional' hospital births... I am currently seeing a Midwife that has the 7:30 appointments (I work full time and can't get time off work to go into appointments until January. When my leave resets) I can't remember her name. She might be Michelle. She is the older lady and she was very sweet. I talked to her about wanting a natural birth and she said they won't offer me pain medication unless I ask for it.

Nickie

• I go to Partners in Women's Health Care. It's a Lemoyne address but it's closer to Camp Hill, right off of Route 15 at Erford Road. They have other offices but that one is the most convenient for me.

I've seen every doctor and CRNP in the place and the only one that I don't care for is Dr. Adams. He didn't do anything wrong, I just didn't care for him. He no longer does deliveries anyway.

ETA: The doctors are all affiliated with Pinnacle Health System, so they deliver exclusively at Harrisburg Hospital. So that wouldn't work out if you had planned on delivering at Holy Spirit.

• I also go to Partners in Women's Health.  They have 5 different locations- some with hours until 7pm.  I  go to the Harrisburg location and love it there.  Everyone is realy nice and knowledgeable.  I've seen Dr. O'Malley.   He is very nice as well as professional.  My sister as well as many friends have gone through the same practice and loved their care. 

Center for Women's Health is also a great practice.  It just wasnt right for me.  They dont offer any for ob BC after pregnancy (pills, tubals...) and they only deliver at Holy Spirit.  I'm not a fan of Holy after working there and having many family members misdiagnosed in their care.  

Good luck!  I hope the next OBGYN you choose is a good one!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I have gone to Partner's in Woman's Health and was happy with most of the doctors, I had a very bad experience with Dr Jansen (and I have met others who have said the same thing about him).  I now go to Cumberland Valley OB/GYN. Off of 114.  I usually see Dr Bihony.  I like that it is a smaller practice, a little more one on one attention.  I don't feel lost in the shuffle like I did with the last pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"