Baby Names

Lillian/Lily and Middle Names?

Hi everyone,

DH and I are thinking of girls names, and we both like the name Lily (though I favor traditional names and like Lillian as the full name too).  I really want the middle name to honor my mother (her name is Ann Marie), but I am struggling to figure out the right combination of first and middle name.  Can you let me know which of these you prefer?

Lillian Anne  (is the "n" sound at the end of the names too repetitive?)

Lily Anne (does it sound too much like Lillian?)

Lillian Marie 

Lily Marie

TIA for your thoughts!

Re: Lillian/Lily and Middle Names?

• Lillian is one of my all time favorite names, our DD is Lillian Celeste ( Lillian after grandmother and Celeste after my mom) she is 11 and when we named her that you typically only heard it on older women.

Lily is VERY popular right.  I hear it everywhere- to be honest it drives me a little nuts ( although I can understand why) its a beautiful name imo.

I think Lillian Marie sounds nice and honors your mother :-)

• imagefeffy11:
    How about Lillian AnnMarie? or Lily Ann Marie (two middle names)?
    I think we will stick with one middle name because my son has one middle name and I like having the consistency of first, middle, last for all the kids 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehollyberry3333:

Lillian is one of my all time favorite names, our DD is Lillian Celeste ( Lillian after grandmother and Celeste after my mom) she is 11 and when we named her that you typically only heard it on older women.

Lily is VERY popular right.  I hear it everywhere- to be honest it drives me a little nuts ( although I can understand why) its a beautiful name imo.

I think Lillian Marie sounds nice and honors your mother :-)

Thanks for the opinion!  Of the four choices, I am leaning towards Lillian Marie (my only hesitation was that I have always wanted to use the middle name Anne, but I don't think it works as well with Lillian/Lily)

• I think Marie sounds best as the middle name.  I also like Liliana as a possible alternative to Lillian if you want a more full name.
  • Do you like Lila/Lilah Anne? Thats very pretty too :0)
  • Lillian Anne is too repetitive. I'd go with Lillian Marie. Very pretty!
  • I like all of your options except for Lillian Anne (too repetitive). I think my favorite is Lily Marie.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I think Lillian Marie is a great way to honor your mother. :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lillian Marie or Lily Ann/Marie.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lillian Marie all the way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lillian Marie gets my vote. Such a pretty name!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I Like Lillain Belle - I would love to call her Lillybelle for my special name for her!
  • If you end up going with just Lily, you could call her Lily Anne.  Yes it would be similar to Lillian but you'd kind of get Lillian without having to officialy name her Lillian and it would give you the option of using Anne as a middle name.

If you end up going with Lillian, then Lillian Marie flow the best to me.

imageimage
  • Thanks for the input!!  Looks like Lillian Marie is the favorite :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"