North Dakota Babies

s/o competitions...my CRAZY friend (long)

I'm not sure how many of you remember any of my crazy tales of my MOH.  Or the girl who made herself MOH, but didn't do anything for the wedding except plan the bach party.  Anyway, she has gone off the deep end yet again and this time it's the worst ever.

She met this guy on November 3rd (41 days ago.)  Once again, she's been talking marriage, etc.  She tells me this weekend that they've put together a wedding invite list.  I think this is obviously insane, but then it gets worse.  Another friend forwards me texts that she's been getting from her.  There were about 20 of them, but here's the complete and utter insanity:

We're thinking October for the wedding, but what I'm most excited about are the babies.  I can't wait to be a mommy.  We're not waiting for that though.  We're actually trying now.

WTF?!?!?!  I can't even say anything to her about this part of it because she doesn't know that me and the other girl talk about what a trainwreck she is. She claims that she needs to start trying right away because of her age.  She's 31.  Maybe she didn't say this to me since I'm 34, but the girl she told is 29, married and currently pregnant with her 3rd child.  I don't know why I bother to waste my energy getting mad about this, but how could someone be so irresponsible that she is actually trying to have a baby with this guy that she's known for 41 days.  I think that some of the girls on 16 and Pregnant have more sense than her.  There is so much more to tell, but I'll just throw in that she lives at home with her mom, just started training yesterday for her first on the books job in years at a Nutrisystems call center and I don't think she has insurance.

I really think that my best course of action right now is to not speak with her.  The whole thing gets me so fired up and she doesn't listen to reason.  It's like she gets an idea in her head and goes with it.  How many people do you know that rushed into a marriage and ended up divorced?  How many people do you know that get PG soon into a relationship and they don't end up together.  Why does she think that she is the exception to the rule?!

Thanks for letting me b*tch.  And you're welcome for feeling much more sane right now after reading about just how crazy a person can be ;)

Re: s/o competitions...my CRAZY friend (long)

• Wow.  That's interesting.  Def sounds like trainwreck material.  Hopefully she doesn't get pregnant for a while and at least waits until after the wedding.  Maybe someone can tell her how horrible the pp body is and she really doesn't want to get pregnant with that body or with a belly.   I think I would go that route.
  • Yup Nat, I'll even make it official for you:Wink

Name: Natalee's "self appointed slacker MOH"

Presenting problem: see narrative above to include impulsivity, dellusional thinking, inappropriate boundaries, etc...

Diagnosis: Train Wreck, Chronic.

Treatment Plan: Planned ignoring. Watching from a good distance and being glad you aren't involved.

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageMrs.PsyD:

Yup Nat, I'll even make it official for you:Wink

Presenting problem: see narrative above to include impulsivity, dellusional thinking, inappropriate boundaries, etc...

Treatment Plan: Planned ignoring. Watching from a good distance and being glad you aren't involved.

Ha ha!  Thanks!

• imageMrs.PsyD:

LOL!  Awesome!

• imageMrs.PsyD:

Love.  Best response ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"