Philadelphia Babies

Pennsylvania Hospital

I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my first child and I'm considering having my baby at Pennsylvania Hospital. I've heard that it's one of the best hospitals to deliver at. A friend of mine had her baby at HUP and hated the experience. If any of you have heard about the birthing experience at Pennsylvania Hospital, please share.

Thanks,

New Mommie 

Re: Pennsylvania Hospital

• No, but I'm having mine at HUP. I've only ever heard positive experiences (and my prenatal has rocked so far!) - that doesn't mean I doubt your friend. Not everyone will leave everywhere satisfied, but thought I'd mention it so you don't rule them out. I get all of my health care through them.
  • I delivered there.  I had a great experience.  Although, it depends on what you want out of your birth experience.  If you want all natural, no epi, no intervention...then I might keep looking.  If you are planning the average birth with an OB and an epi, then it's great.  The nurses are awesome.  Food wasn't bad.  Lactation consultants are great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My cousin had her baby at HUP in 2009 and hated it. They are clinical to the extreme. Forced drugs on her, didn't let her get up out of the bed, didn't have a drink in 24 hours, discouraged breastfeeding and pushed formula. She felt like a number.
  • I highly recommend Pennsy Hospital. I had DS there last May and the staff were all amazing - esp the lactation consultants. DS was in the NICU there for 4 weeks so we really got to know the doctors and nurses after spending many nights there...it was a great experience, given how worried/stressed we were. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"