Pregnant after 35

** PG > 35 Weekly Check-in ~ December 13, 2010 **

Welcome to the Pregnant after 35 Weekly Check-In!  I'll try to always do this on Mondays, unless anyone has suggestions for a better day.

If you would like to be added to the check-in, just reply to this post with:

your screen name
first name (optional)
due date
sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made.  Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!

Congrats to New November Mommies:

mom2anangel (Amy): 11/3/10 (EDD 11/18) - Gabrielle Ann

Any updates on November or early December EDD mommies???

Sending lots of *easy labor vibes* to our moms who are "almost there". :)

Pregnant Moms by Due Date:

December 2010
HeyEliza:  12/01/10
Sunnyinseattle1 (Sunny): 12/01/10
Sil222 (Sil):  12/02/10 ? Girl (sched. c-section)
GenRN45:  12/08/10 - Surprise
GymDogFran (Fran):  12/10/10 ? Twins (Girls)
Shouldbworkin:  12/10/10 (sched. c-section)
Mz Madison-White:  12/11/10
Estellababy:  12/12/2010 - Boy
Divaessence:  12/18/10 - Boy
MrsSavannah:  12/19/10
Red0427:  12/20/10
ccbelle123 (Erin):  12/20/10 - Girl
Beaker38 (Lori): 12/21/10
Kellyspregnant (Kelly):  12/21/10
Saverchic:  12/27/10 ? Twins
Strunella:  12/28/10 ? Boy
NaturallyHazel:  12/28/10
KristyJ72:  12/31/10

January 2011
RN536 (Jen):  01/03/11 - Girl
Wiscgirl95 (Katie):  01/04/11
Daisy30220 (Kimberly):  01/05/11
NOELHC (Anna):   01/12/11
Swrlygrl: 01/12/11 ? Girl
jmcdow (Jennifer) 1/16/2011 - Girl
Deanne Shehane:  01/25/11 - Boy

February 2011
Cosnowbaby (Leslie):  02/11/11 ? Girl
jlb3873 (Jamie): 02/14/11 - Boy
Teacherlizzie (Lizzie): 02/14/11
Symharmony (Michele): 02/17/11 ? Surprise
manyblsngs (Stephanie): 02/23/11 - Surprise
Mommy2Ajani+1 (Alicia): 02/27/11

March 2011
Kayteagirl: 03/03/11
Robynjdm: 03/09/11
Junebugg2271 (Lisa): 03/14/11 - Boy
RyaSilly03 (Liz):  03/16/11
Jannymcg:  03/16/11
OscarQ (Alison):  03/17/11 - Boy
HipMomma (Jenn):  03/21/11
elmelautumn (Mel): 03/22/11 - Boy
pa_kris: 03/22/11
Sshruff1: 03/25/2011
Lkingery (Laura):  03/28/11
Jens38 (Jen):  03/28/11
TheCricket:  03/28/2011
His Super Girl: 03/29/11

April 2011
ballmom (Amy):  04/01/11
HMWM (Heather):  04/02/11 ? Surprise
Chrishvny (Christine):  4/02/11
Seafan11: 04/06/11
comfortable:  04/10/11
Anniebpgh (Annie): 04/18/11
Oliverncherie (Cherie): 04/18/11
JilliansMoma: 04/25/11 - Surprise
prayingforone: 04/25/11 ? Twins (Boys)
99christine99 (Christine): 04/26/11

May 2011
Shelleyk34 (Shelley): 05/02/11
CharBart (Char): 05/04/11 - Twins
suz4t (Suzanne): 05/09/11
MrsDL: 05/11/11
miricard35: 05/14/11
kristennd (Kristen): 05/15/11 - Surprise
funkymama: 05/16/11
MrsPerrin (Maria): 05/18/11
Vincent (Jennifer): 05/22/11 - Surprise
kikijbird (Kiki/Erica): 05/28/11 - Surprise
Mrs_M: 05/28/11

June 2011
curlyQdesign (Michelle): 06/16/11 - Surprise
calibride2005: 06/02/11
LeesMyBaby: 06/11/11
MelPelu: 06/12/11 - Surprise
dianah36 (Diana): 06/13/11
Simonaaaa (Simona): 06/17/11 - Surprise
BrandySun (Brandy): 06/21/11 - Surprise
Pearly609: 06/28/11

July 2011
honeylizb (Liz): 07/01/11
LauraLynneC (LauraLynne): 07/08/11
figsandolives (Tina): 07/12/11 - Surprise
shinergirl (Stephanie): 07/12/11
Woodwife (Claire): 07/16/11
HisEarth (Senitra): 07/17/11 - Surprise?
ssull1974 (Shannon): 07/18/11
njohnson1972 (Natasha): 07/25/11 - Surprise

August 2011
Hocus: 08/02/11
Melanie1119 (Melanie): 08/04/11 - Surprise?
iItsmevkb (Kelly):  08/07/11
Jen&Louie (Jen): 08/08/11 - Surprise

Gender Stats:   Team Blue: 10; Team Pink: 8; Team Green: 17; Unknown: 55

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms, or any that have disappeared?

Question of the Week (QOTW):
Do you (or did you) have any must-have pregnancy- or baby-related items on your holiday wish list?  Anything you're really hoping to get or can't wait to buy to help with pregnancy or the baby(ies)? 

**If you have ideas for future QOTW, let me know (either post question ideas with your update, PM me, or email me at kikijbird at gmail dot com)!**

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: ** PG > 35 Weekly Check-in ~ December 13, 2010 **

• No must have pregnancy or baby related items on my holiday wish list.  I was placed on hospital bed rest last week so my only wish is to still be pregnant on Christmas.
  • imageOscarQ:
    No must have pregnancy or baby related items on my holiday wish list.  I was placed on hospital bed rest last week so my only wish is to still be pregnant on Christmas.

OscarQ, I will be thinking about you and praying your baby will stay put!  

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I need to be added (though I have been reluctant-based on general worry!) Married2MrPooh EDD July 31st Sex unknown  (hubby wants to find out, I am okay either way) First heart beat heard on 12/6 next check up Monday 12/21
    Married to the Mr. 8/6/2008- Together 10+ TTC #2 R/X unexplained infertility/premature ovarian failure/diminished ovarian reserve
    FSH (16) AMH (.61) AFC (9)
    Male factor: low sperm count/ low motility
    IVF #1 11/10 brought us DS Stimming for IVF #2 begin 11/5/11 AFC (7) =( Protocol: Lurpon flare (2 days) + Lupron 10ml/Menopur 4 vials (AM) Lupron 10ml/300IU Gonal-F PM (converted to IUI) failed IVF 2.1 1/12 BFP!
  • Update: Feeling crampy and very hungry.  I had spotted every day for nearly a week after getting my BFP and am happy to say that it seems to have stopped now.

QOTW: We really have everything already since our son is just under a year.  We even have a double stroller (our nanny has a baby the same age as DS and brings her to work).  The one thing I am really looking forward to getting is a new, comfortable glider.  Right now we have a hand-me-down that is very narrow and uncomfortable (regret ever taking it).

the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageOscarQ:
    No must have pregnancy or baby related items on my holiday wish list.  I was placed on hospital bed rest last week so my only wish is to still be pregnant on Christmas.

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!  Stay put little one...

the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi I'm: Rhiain

Due: June 1, 2011

Second pregnancy.  I have to say, I don't know how women have more than 2 or 3 children. Pregnancy is hard enough (at my advanced age I suppose:) as it is.  My life seems crazy with a 15mos old, a dog and a cat. Perhaps I just need a bigger house!

I don't know how women stay wearing heels during pregnancy either. All I want to do is wear comfy clothes and slippers. Again, maybe it'd be different if I were in my 20s.

No real pg complaints - m/s is mostly gone, but fatigue remains. Still in the weird phase with clothes - can't wear maternity but I finally look preggo. Although I have yet to tell work! Thank goodness that first trimester is over!!

Happy holidays everyone!

• Update: Had my 16 week appointment late (Monday at 17 weeks).  It took a while to find the baby's heartbeat.  My husband and I waited impatiently and the doctor?s face displayed a little worrisome.  Just as I was about to cry from panic, we could finally hear the heartbeat coming through.  The doctor said my healthy placenta was in the way?Has anyone else had so much background noise that the heartbeat was difficult to hear?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Wanted to say "hello" and that I'm thinking of you!  I had my first baby at 28 weeks, 2 days.  Totally unexpected (feeling great all along, then suddenly went into labor.  We later found out the placenta had torn)  He is doing totally fine now, at over 2 yrs old.  He was in the NICU for 7 weeks, and we had some minor scares during that time.  Overall, he was fine (by NICU standards, he obviously still needed NICU care!) after the initial 24 hours. 

It must be really scary to know that you have the possibility of a preemie coming. After my son's birth, the more I researched, the more I got scared.  Turns out, there was nothing to worry about, for the longterm!  But I know it's hard at the time. And there will be "two steps forward, one step back" while working for your baby to be healthy enough to bring home

My only advice would be to just take each day at a time, and (try!) not really worry about anything until after the baby is born.  You'll know so much more within a few hours of your baby's birth.  Also, you'll take cues from the NICU nurses.  The nurses kept telling me that they saw babies like my son all the time, and that they turned out well.  You could tell when they were really worried about a particular baby's health, as they wouldn't be so reassuring.

I'm now 10.5 weeks along with Baby #2, so I'll be a bit more apprehensive this time.

Best of luck!

• imagekikijbird:

imageOscarQ:

OscarQ, I will be thinking about you and praying your baby will stay put!  

Oscar Q-This!!! Keeping you and Paddy in my prayers!!!!  

Vincent- I had that same exact thing happen to me.  I was just on the verge of full on panic when she found it on the Doppler!!!  My NP told me the same thing my placenta was in front and noisy!!  I guess that's why it has taken forever to feel this LO move too.  I felt my DD at 16w4d and I didn't start feeling this baby until the end of the 19th week. 

Nothing on my wish list for this baby because DD is only 2 we pretty much have everything dialed in.  I am so lucky to feel pretty dang good through out my PG. I finally got my NT scan/blood work results back and all looks good.  Kiki with your vanishing twin you didn't have skewed blood results?  I go back for second (the baby wasn't in the right position for proper measurements) Level 2 U/S on Thursday and I'm excited to see my LO again.  

Happy Holidays to all!!!!

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Still suffering from m/s even with nightly Unisom.  What I want for Christmas is to go a half a day without wanting to throw up.  Thankyouverymuch. 

I'm not buying baby stuff yet - not until my first appointment - I'm just kooky that way.  And since that isn't until after Christmas - this lo isn't going to have a gift under the tree! 

Mama would love some cozy slippers though ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JM - Congrats on your great results!  The geneticist told me that since the twin had stopped developing by 6 weeks and we never heard a heartbeat (my first appointment wasn't until 8 weeks) that enough time had passed between the twin's demise and the blood work to get accurate results.  My results came back great.  I just had blood drawn for the AFP test yesterday, so in a couple of weeks I guess we'll see if things are still okay (and also if there's any concern for neural tube defects).  

Update: Had my 16-wk OB appointment and got to hear the heartbeat, though it was a little tougher to find than last time (I was worried for a moment too, Vincent!), but all was well.  My doc scolded me for all the fast food I've been eating (I can't help it if that's all that sits well in my tummy) :(, but otherwise all looked good.  Also saw my cardiologist yesterday and my blood pressure is staying under control.  Still not feeling like I'm in the honeymoon trimester, but I guess I do have a little more energy now.

QOTW: I'm hoping for a pregnancy pillow for Xmas, otherwise I'm buying one the day after!  It's getting so uncomfortable in bed now...  

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• Update: I have no idea how the preg symptoms are since everything has been drowned out by a ferocious cold. UGH. Being sick and pregnant is the pits. You can tell your body is like, "Well, we got a baby to make here so the rest of you is on its own!" Almost miss the regular fatigue and queasies instead of the stuffy head, aches and so forth.

No, nothing for baby on the Christmas list. We have so much time before delivery that we're okay waiting. Also we have DS's stuff, like baby carseat and bassinette, so that's a big weight off the mind.

Oh - had first appt and saw the baby. Amazing! Great heartbeat, everything looking perfect! We have the NT scan the first week of January, so that's our next goal. What a relief and a thrill it was!

Sending best wishes to everyone, especially the bedrest mamas. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to post that I had my baby on 12/7.  Jackson Bryan came into the world via section weighing in at 8 lbs 9 oz and a head full of hair! All went extremely well and we were discharged home on Friday.  Jackson did lose 11% percent of his weight so we have gone to the pedi twice to check his weight.  He is growing and eating like a champ!

If I had known that pregnancy was so fun, I would have done this years ago!

• No major pregnancy updates.  I've been trying to be good about what I eat after the midwife told me to be careful about weight gain at my 24 week appt.  It's so hard though - I'm always hungry!

I'm not hoping for any baby/pregnancy related Christmas gifts, but I plan to go furniture shopping the week between Christmas and NYE.  We'll look for bedroom furniture for my DD to free up the nursery for the impending arrival.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Checking in a little late this week but I did just get a call and our FISH test came back good. Our quad screen showed 1:16 for DS so there was some significant stress. It was a (usually) 6.5 hour drive through a blizzard for the amnio, just to make things more exciting.

This whole pregnancy hasn't felt real yet, not least because of my age-based fears first of stickiness and then genetic issues, so maybe now it will turn a corner.

No thoughts to baby-related things for Christmas. We haven't even started selecting things to register for. The plan all along has been to leave that for January.

• imageestellababy:

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to?post that I had my baby on 12/7.? Jackson Bryan came into the world via section weighing in at 8 lbs 9 oz and a head full of hair!?All went extremely well and we were discharged home on?Friday.? Jackson did lose 11% percent of his weight so we have gone to the pedi twice to check his weight.? He is growing and eating like a champ!

If I had known that pregnancy was so fun, I would have done this years ago!

Congrats!!! ?Would love to see a pic of your little one! ?

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• Hi, Ladies

Not much to report for me.  First internal exam is tomorrow, so we'll see if anything is happening.  I have had no contractions or any hints that this little one is interested in coming out soon.  Must be too cold!   Ultrasound is on Friday, so we'll see where he is size-wise.

Nothing on my wish list...we have everything we need.  Just waiting for Baby!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageStrunella:

Hi, Ladies

Not much to report for me.  First internal exam is tomorrow, so we'll see if anything is happening.  I have had no contractions or any hints that this little one is interested in coming out soon.  Must be too cold!   Ultrasound is on Friday, so we'll see where he is size-wise.

Nothing on my wish list...we have everything we need.  Just waiting for Baby!

You are so close... how awesome!!!  Can't wait to "meet" your little one, Strunella!

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• I would like to be added;  johnsonjeril (Jeri) due date July 31, don't know sex yet, but do know we are having twins!  Saw the heartbeats this week, next ultrasound on 12/28.  We have lost one before, so we are cautious but very excited!!
  • My mom just asked me last night if she could buy the baby Christmas presents!  I just laughed.  It is still so new to me, and I just can't imagine I'm having a baby yet!  DH and I haven't bought anything yet, and probably don't plan to for Christmas either.  But...I think my mother is going nuts!  It will be her first and only grandchild.  LOL!  She bought me some maternity clothes for Christmas that she just HAD to show me last night too.  :)

As for my update, had a CVS performed last week, and got the good news on Monday!!!  I feel like a ton of weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  Called my entire extended family to tell them I am pregnant! 

Also, since we had the CVS at 13 1/2 weeks, I CAVED!!!!!  After one trip through Babies R Us, I decided I really don't like yellow/green.  We're having a baby GIRL!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd like to be added to the list

your screen name: rebaann
    first name (optional): Rebecca
    due date: August 9, 2011
    sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?) too early to tell

QOTW:  there is nothing baby related on my Christmas list since we aren't telling people yet.

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

This discussion has been closed.