Working Moms
Options

Daycare after shots?

Just curious how others handle their LO's and daycare when they are receiving shots.At his 2mos appt, DS was really upset by the shots themselves, then was cranky and tired afterwards; but otherwise no fever or other side effects. I stayed home with him afterwards because it was only his 2nd day of daycare and didn't think they'd know him well enough to tell if anything was different.  DS will have his 4mos appt/shots at 8:30am in a few weeks; they didn't have any afternoon appts. On one hand, I'd prefer to keep an eye on him again, remembering how unhappy he was from the first shots; but am I overreacting, and should just let him go to daycare for the rest of the day?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare after shots?

• Options
    My son has gone to DC after all his shots.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    I made mine for Friday afternoon appts.
    DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was still at home for her 2-month, and she did very well, only had a little bit of fever--but I didnt even give her Tylenol, I just cuddled w/ her. For her 4-month, I couldn't get a Friday appointment, so I took her in on Thursday afternoon. She was miserable on Friday at DC--she had fever, and wouldn't eat at DC. So I gave her tylenol and went to nurse her a couple of times. So for her 6-month, I will be taking her on a Friday afternoon appt and take the rest of the day off after the shot to spend w/ her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I try to get Friday afternoon appointments but I work 2nd shift so that doesn't really work. I usually end up taking the day that she has shots off from work. 
  • Options

I am staying at home with G the day she gets her shots.  My mom is going to come and keep her at my house the next day so I don't have to send her to daycare. 

G was very cranky and tired so I would rather keep her home if possible.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"