January 2011 Moms

Things that I couldn't live without for the past 12 days..

Now I've only been a mommy for the past 12 days, so please I am no expert.  However, these are the things that really stick out as being super helpful to me (besides the "normal" baby stuff)- that maybe I didn't realize were so important.  

Fisher Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper:  bought this after the first night home.  It has made all the difference!  Baby Emily I think loves how secure and close it makes her feel.

Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets:  Absolutely love these swaddle blankets.  We use them all the time- so soft and easy to swaddle with.  

Fisher Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse:  Seriously her favorite toy ever.  Excellent for turning on during diaper changes.  A big thanks to my elfster --Jessica JO5Boiler!!

Side Snap Onesies:  Emily is very unhappy when anything goes over her head.  These onesies have been a lifesaver!  So convenient!  They are made by a brand called Kushies, got them on Amazon.  I have some other brands too:  Snap-Basic & Zutano.  Right now the Zutano ones fit the best because she is so teeny.

Green Mountain Flat Diapers for Burp Cloths: These guys are super soft and absorbent. We bought a dozen of the orange newborn size ones and they are great.  A lot of the other ones we received as gifts at showers don't soak up anything.  

Rumparooz Lil Joeys:  We ordered a bunch of these and have been using them exclusively since we got home.  Such an awesome fit and work great.  No leaks or blowouts! And that speaks tons!  

Ok, those are the big ones I can think of right now.  Hope this helps someone else out.  :-)  

If you guys are interested, here are is a website of our professional pics from her 1 week bday.  It was part of our wedding photographer package from 3 years ago.  We had so much fun at the photo shoot and they did an awesome job.  The passcode is:  azzi.  

https://www.nextexitphotography.net/pickpic/gallery/splash.php?gallery_id=718 

Enjoy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Things that I couldn't live without for the past 12 days..

• thanks for posting these! hubs & i were just playing with the seahorse last night, our dog seems VERY interested in it too.

by the way, had to peek at Emily's pictures. They made me so antsy...I'm so ready for our little guy to get here. She's too cute, I love her smirk!

• great post, and i love that i feel even better about having my RnP, seahorse, and A&A blankets!

LOVELOVELOVE the pictures!

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • imagecdobry01:

great post, and i love that i feel even better about having my RnP, seahorse, and A&A blankets!

LOVELOVELOVE the pictures!

Thanks!  We do too!  ;-) 

• Thanks for the info.  I have the sea horse, CDs, and swaddle blankets.  I don't have that swing, but I'm hoping the one I have works as well.  Glad everything is going well for you guys!  Cute pics!
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • What a precious little girl! And I am happy to say that we have most of these already (except for the seahorse, and we're using different cloth diapers). Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks! I was looking to get some cloth diapers to use as burp cloths. And you think the newborn size is big enough?

Also, do you have your baby sleeping in the RNP at night? Or just for naps during the day? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love the pictures!  
  • thanks for the post. and those pictures! Squeal-worthy cuteness. love them.
  • My baby has zero toys and a gazillion books... so I told everyone who's bringing her a christmas present or baby present to bring a baby toy! DH and I have been having a very hard time figuring out what to get. Thanks for the seahorse recommendation!
  • I was debating the seahorse! I've heard they're great! I had also registered for the same RnP but didn't get it and now I'm really thinking of going out on Boxing Day and picking one up! We received a diff one from a friend, but that other one has SUCH good reviews!

I'd forgotten about the diapers as burp cloths! I will have to put that on my list of things to pick up! Along with tiny white socks and plain white onesies! I have none of either! :o(

Thanks for the tips! She is adorable!!! Love the pics!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageelizjane26:

Thanks! I was looking to get some cloth diapers to use as burp cloths. And you think the newborn size is big enough?

Also, do you have your baby sleeping in the RNP at night? Or just for naps during the day? 

Yes, we think the newborn size is plenty big for burp cloths, otherwise they get a little too big.

Right now she's sleeping in it at night and for naps.  Due to the csection I had, Dr. doesn't want me going upstairs (our room & Emily's nursery) so my husband moved the guest bedroom bed downstairs along with all of the essentials for Emily, as well as the computer, and my glider--so it's kinda like living in a one bedroom apt.  :-)  Eventually the plan is for Emily to sleep in her crib in her room, but right now she seems to really like the closeness of the RNP.  

• I am SO glad Emily loves her seahorse!!!! I knew I should have bought it in pink though. Hehe. I can't wait to see your pics, opening now. I'm sure they're terrific, she's adorable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aww your little girl is so cute. Thank you for posting.
  • Thanks for coming back and posting! Even as a 2nd time mom I find this very useful! I love the pictures. Congrats Mommy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Emily is beautiful! Thanks for this informative post!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"