TTC After a Loss

Coffee during 2ww?

I am just curious how many of you drink 1-2 cups of coffee or caffiene during 2ww? I really am wanting a starbucks peppermint mocca today haha but somehow inside I have something saying that maybe because I didn't give up coffee completely last time that may have had something to do with my miscarriage Huh?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Coffee during 2ww?

• I don't drink it during the 2ww, I would rather be safe than sorry. Get a decaf or half caf if you're really wanting one. I LOVE peppermint mochas, and I think Starbucks is donating money to charity this week if you buy a drink.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh my, you sound just like me! I drank a TON of coffee before I found out I was pregnant (thinking that our timing had been bad that month), and I sometimes blame myself thinking that was the cause (even though my doctor insists 1-2 cups a day is absolutely fine)

Right now I am struggling with not drinking it before O, because I've read that it can hinder CM production, but I almost fell asleep at my desk so I just grabbed a cup!

My advice is... give in to the occasional temptation, but if it gives you peace of mind, try to avoid it if you can. But if you can't, just try to limit it to one a day and I know that everything will be fine!

Besides.... Starbucks puts a ton of milk in their mochas, so treat yourself! Big Smile

Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I still drink it, but I may not be the one to talk to, seeing how I'm still here. Embarrassed
    BFP #1: 5/3/10 Natural MC: 5/11/10 BFP #2: 3/24/11 C/p: 3/29/11 BFP #3: 5/17/11 C/P: 5/20/11 BFP #4: 11/13/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic ~*~Congrats to my TTCAL buddies toshbosh233 & clairenmonique, EDDs 4/2011; bekahjen, EDD 5/2011; MCH77, EDD 7/2011; HokieMomma, EDD 8/2011; shanna82, EDD 9/2011; Rachel4127, EDD 10/2011~*~
  • I cut down the first time around, but still had it.  I wanted to be one of those laid back ladies, ha, those days are gone.  This time around I'm going to be the model of good behavour.  Jan 1st (we can't try again until Jan)  I plan to switch to decaf.  You could get Starbucks but get it decaf, especially with one of the flavored drinks like a mocha you probably won't even notice the difference.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP1: 8/20/10, spotting 8/23 at 5 wks, MTX shots 9/17 and 9/28
    BFP2: 2/12/11 Grow baby grow!
  • I drink 1 cup every morning. I try to do decaf sometimes, but I think some caffeine, really is ok. For how long I've been trying to TTC, I have to pick and choose my battles, or my entire life would really be out of wack!!! I get up way too early to not have it!
  • Just get a decaff.
    image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
  • I switched to decaf right before we started trying, almost two years ago. I made the switch not just for TTC reasons, but also because caffeine can make me real jittery and I've had issues with anxiety and panic attacks in the past. That being said, the cycle I got my BFP I was drinking Coke and alcohol the entire two week wait. I was sure I wasn't pregnant b/c at that point I had given up all hope that it would happen naturally. Once I got the positive test I went right back to decaf.

So, sometimes I have a cup of regular or a soda, but I try to keep it minimal. I thought it was sort of funny that the cycle we got pregnant was the one that I threw all of the "carefulness" out the window, so I don't worry about it as much anymore. I think my Dr. said as long as you keep it to 8oz or less per day, you should be fine.

Diagnosed hyperprolactinemia & prolactinoma 3/2010.

Started cabergoline 3/2010.
    Stopped cabergoline with +HPT.
    Levels checked 8/2010 and good.

1st BFP 7/27/2010
    Miscarried 8/7/2010

2nd BFP 12/16/2010
    Daughter born 8/27/11

• I cut out coffee completely with my first IUI cycle and my RE told me I was crazy, he said there was no reason why I couldn't continue to drink 1 cup a day even during pregnancy. I did drink one cup of coffee (one time, not every day) while I was pregnant and it really upset my stomach and give me the jitters (not normal for a girl who had been drinking 2 cups a day for the past 7 years). So I guess this time around I will grab a cup if I really need it, but won't make a pot every morning like I do right now, during the 2ww.
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageitsmegin:
    I don't drink it during the 2ww, I would rather be safe than sorry. Get a decaf or half caf if you're really wanting one. I LOVE peppermint mochas, and I think Starbucks is donating money to charity this week if you buy a drink.

This, exactly.  I don't drink fully-leaded coffee during the 2ww, but will occasionally have a decaf.  I'm sure its silly, but at this point I'm not taking any chances! 

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to be cautious and get a decaf. I hear so many conflicting reports but for my own peace of mind I think this is what is best for me.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't cut it during the 2ww. I gave up caffeine during my twin pregnancy and still had a loss. I keep drinking coffee in the 2ww, but I will cut back to one cup a day when I find out I'm pregnant.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I cut it out for a while during TTCAL. Now I have it on the weekends. 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"