Indiana Babies

Poll: Santa

What age did you find out there was no Santa?

I don't know if Jordan still believes or not. I think I was around 8 when I figured it all out. I am wondering if he is wanting us to think he still believes and going on with it because of Jalen and Landon. Hmmm maybe I can ask him if he is excited about Santa coming? :-)

Re: Poll: Santa

• I was just trying to remember this the other day.  I honestly don't know when I didn't believe anymore.  My SS is 11 this year and I'm positive he knows but I think he was still on the fence until last year.  When he was 9, the Santa we took him to see had a earpiece in and there was an "elf" who fed him information about the kid as he was talking to him.  The look on Zack's face when Santa asked him how it felt to score his first touchdown in football was priceless.  Santa was able to mention several specifics that trip and I think that is the only reason we got to about 10 before he stopped believing.
  • When I was 8.  "Santa" left a note thanking us for the cookies, and I could tell it was my mom's handwriting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I was around 7 or 8, but I can't remember exactly. Me and my older sister were big meanies and told my younger sister. I think she cried, and we got in trouble, but I think my parents were secretly relieved they didn't have to pretend anymore.

• I think it might've been as late as 10 or 11 for me.  I was perfectly happy believing in Santa... I think it helped that my best friends believed, too.  I actually figured out the tooth fairy first and from there it all fell into place Stick out tongue

My sisters and I kept our littlest sister believing until she was 12.  We didn't want the fun to be over... it was like we could pretend along with her.  I can't wait til LO is old enough to have fun with the Santa thing! 

• I was like 8 or 9.  I was getting something out of my parents closet and found a wrapped Nintendo set to Kim and Kelley, from Santa. 
  • Okay, I was like 11 or 12 before I finally admitted to myself that there truly was no Santa, and at that point I had a sobfest with my mom.  Before that I had seen some receipts for "Santa gifts", but because I had a younger brother who still believed, I hadn't really come to terms with it.  Does that make sense?  It probably makes me kind of lame, but I chalk it up to wanting to believe so badly.

I will be sad if my kids don't believe at 7 or 8, but I guess it's more typical that they won't.

• I think I was 8-9, I told my mom and she told me if I didn't believe in santa I wouldn't get presents from him!  I think I held onto that for a long while, probably my mom's goal since my youngest sister would have been 2-3 at that time.
  • Never. My parents never presented Santa as truth.

I was *that kid* in kindergarten who ruined it for my classmates.. They said something about presents from Santa and I told them it was really their parents.

DH still gets presents "from Santa" from his parents, so we're trying to find a happy medium with our kid(s). DD recognizes Santa and gets the gist of the story, but also knows it is just pretend. I've been telling her about St. Nicholas so she knows what the story is based on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"