December 2010 Moms
Options

38 week appointment went well

Learned I am 2 cm dilated, which is wonderful compared to "Closed up tight" that I got last week, I know it doesn't mean anything, but it gives me hope that I won't actually be pregnant forever Big Smile

Also, they surprised me by telling me they wanted to do an ultra sound in 2 days, is anybody else getting a last minute ultra sound like this?

Re: 38 week appointment went well

• Options

I'm only 36 weeks, but they did a surprise ultrasound for me on Monday. They wanted to make sure baby wasn't breech. She was head down at 27 weeks and then flipped at 31 so they were making sure she wasn't flip flopping around. They wont check to see if I'm dilated at all until 38 weeks but they said that they would also strip my membranes at that time if I wanted. I haven't decided if that's what I want to do yet, but I'm considering it.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have a wonderful birth!

• Options
    You just made me feel a bit better. At my 37 week appt yesterday, the OB said I'm closed up tight. While I actually like being pregnant, I would like to meet my little one before Christmas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried taking the Evening Primrose Oil? You can get the 1,000 mg caps at walmart for fairly cheap. My doctor said it's okay to take 1 with each meal and before bed. It just helps soften the cervix and prepare it to dilate and efface. May be worth looking into if you're still closed up :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"