Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

NTR: dumb resume question

I'm updating my resume and I need a little help.  I know this is dumb, but I have completed several course/credits for my sub specialty and I'm not sure if I should list them with initials (TNCC, ENPC, etc) or if I should type out each one.  I have about 8 that I need to list in addition to the 3 that are already on my resume.  If I spell them all out, should I do paragraph form or bullet each one with when I completed them?  TIA!  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NTR: dumb resume question

• Are the abbreviations standard and well known in your field?  Will your interviewer and/or HR rep who looks at your resume know what you're talking about when you abbreviate?  If so, I think I would leave the abbreviations.  Depending on how many you have, I think I would stick to paragraph form, listing and grouping your trainings based on the job they pertain to. 
    Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • They are commonly known in nursing, so any manager/nurse would know what they are, however I don't think HR would know.  That's why I couldn't really decide-anyone that would actually interview me would know what they are, but if someone outside of the field was looking they might not know.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Tough call.  I think I might put the abbreviations on your resume and tell HR in your cover letter what the abbreviations are. 
    Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • imagemistresscox:
    They are commonly known in nursing, so any manager/nurse would know what they are, however I don't think HR would know.  That's why I couldn't really decide-anyone that would actually interview me would know what they are, but if someone outside of the field was looking they might not know.  

I have some friends in HR at the hospital I use to work at and they have certain people that do the hiring specifically for nurses. I would imagine they would know what the abbreviations mean.

Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• imageBeckypooh09:

imagemistresscox:
    They are commonly known in nursing, so any manager/nurse would know what they are, however I don't think HR would know.  That's why I couldn't really decide-anyone that would actually interview me would know what they are, but if someone outside of the field was looking they might not know.  

I have some friends in HR at the hospital I use to work at and they have certain people that do the hiring specifically for nurses. I would imagine they would know what the abbreviations mean.

Of course I guess it depends on how big the facility is though.

Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• imageBeckypooh09:

Of course I guess it depends on how big the facility is though.

LOL, it's a TINY hospital!  I'm going from a small one (we actually don't even have an HR person) to an even smaller place.  I'm sure they only have 1 person for HR for the whole hospital (and odds are that's not their only job!).  Ah, the joys of living in a small town.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"