Pregnant after a Loss

Weird new shirt smell...

...it took me forever to figure out why I was smelling...the way I was smelling today. I was having flashbacks to my m/c (which isn't all that unusual, the nightly nightmares still haven't stopped), but it was so weird when I realized it was actually my shirt. It's a brand new shirt I ordered from Old Navy. I kid you not, it smells EXACTLY like the stupid scented maxi pads I used during my the m/c. How does a shirt end up smelling like a stupid pad? It's so weird. It was so upsetting to smell that all day. Shirt has gone straight to the washer with plenty of detergent. Ack! Eff you Old Navy mail-order smell.
married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weird new shirt smell...

• At my job, we develop and distribute products manufactured overseas, and sometimes products come in smelling horrible. Most of the time stuff smells very strongly like fish and gasoline, and we have to request that they do something to cover it up. I don't know where the pad smell comes from, but if it was a "scented" smell, the factory was probably trying to cover up the fish and gasoline smell (or whatever their particular factory smells like) with a mild fragrance. 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bad Old Navy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thats why I always wash my stuff before wearing.  I got a jacket from ON last month it smelled dreadful when it came in the mail.  It still kind of smells a bit now- Thank God for febreeze :)
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekateisgreat:
    At my job, we develop and distribute products manufactured overseas, and sometimes products come in smelling horrible. Most of the time stuff smells very strongly like fish and gasoline, and we have to request that they do something to cover it up. I don't know where the pad smell comes from, but if it was a "scented" smell, the factory was probably trying to cover up the fish and gasoline smell (or whatever their particular factory smells like) with a mild fragrance. 

when I was in high school and worked at The Children's Place everything would come in smelling horrific.  I totally remember the fish smell!  EWWW

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"