February 2011 Moms

Wow I hadn't realized time past by so quickly!!

While looking through the calendar today going over the month of December and days I have things scheduled in I realized that 6 weeks and 5 days from now DS #1 was born!!

He was born at 36 weeks and 3 days and I had NOTHING!!  DH had to go home after my c/s and pack my bag (leaving most things out), my MIL had to come to my house the day I got out of the hospital, and wash his clothes & bottles, buy him a bassinet and set it up! 

This time around I wanted to be more prepared and so far I have nothing done!  No car seat or bassinet,  I had a small baby shower and got a few things, but none of the essentials (diapers, wipes, bath products) but nothing is ready and I have so much more to buy that we're going to need, and now I feel like I should be getting these things prepared but this month is so hectic, and i'm trying to get over a really bad cold that has taken what energy I had.

Has everyone else started to get ready for LO's arrival?  Have you started washing LO's clothes/blankets, etc?  What other things are you doing to prepare for LO's arrival?

Re: Wow I hadn't realized time past by so quickly!!

• LOL things ready?? i don't even have floors put down in my nursery yet.  The crib is in pieces in the living room and I don't even have a diaper in the house. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well at least i'm not alone!!  Everyone has been bugging me about it, and today MIL and my Mom called and asked me about it, and said I should be more prepared!

LO will be going in our room, because we don't have a room for him so I don't have to worry about a nursery, we don't own a crib, as for diapers we have none, and the few things we do have I wouldn't have if we didn't have a baby shower, and most of it he won't need until he's a bit older!

• Loading the player...
  • My baby shower isn't until mid January so here is to hoping LO is not early because if he is I will literally have nothing besides his crib and bring home outfit. I have been waiting to buy things until the shower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Embarrassed I think you will be hardpressed to find anyone as unprepared as I am... hopefully it makes you feel a whole lot better about your current state!

I was waiting until we moved before I did/bought anything. Well, the house we were buying fell through AND I got put on bedrest. So now we are stuck in our 1 bedroom apt and here is a complete list of all things baby that I have:

1. stroller
    2. one diaper & wipes sample from BRU that we got when registering

The grandmas and my best friend were planning a shower, but are now talking about just doing it after the baby is born (and who knows when that will be now!). I am trying not to panic because there is literally nothing I can do about it. I guess all baby really needs at first is a car seat, place to sleep (which is looking more and more like it will be in a PNP), diapers, and some clothes. And a clean house to come home to, which I regret is not the case right now! Embarrassed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • by even having a place for your little one you are way ahead of me and my husby!  We are currently living with my inlaws and desperately looking for a place of our own!  LO's furniture came in 2 weeks ago but we put it in storage hoping we could fnd a place and move it right into our own place and not have to set it up here at all! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageVanessaJoy:

Embarrassed I think you will be hardpressed to find anyone as unprepared as I am... hopefully it makes you feel a whole lot better about your current state!

I was waiting until we moved before I did/bought anything. Well, the house we were buying fell through AND I got put on bedrest. So now we are stuck in our 1 bedroom apt and here is a complete list of all things baby that I have:

1. stroller
    2. one diaper & wipes sample from BRU that we got when registering

The grandmas and my best friend were planning a shower, but are now talking about just doing it after the baby is born (and who knows when that will be now!). I am trying not to panic because there is literally nothing I can do about it. I guess all baby really needs at first is a car seat, place to sleep (which is looking more and more like it will be in a PNP), diapers, and some clothes. And a clean house to come home to, which I regret is not the case right now! Embarrassed

That was us when we had DS#1 we had just signed a year lease for a bachelor apt and a month later we found out we were 6 weeks pregnant.  My MIL was planning a babyshower for June 2nd and my EDD was June 9th.  She said it would be plenty of time, and everyone told us not to buy a thing because it was our first child and we were having a huge babyshower.  Well he came long before our babyshower.

The day I got home from the hospital we had to buy a bassinet, MIL and DS's godparents had to set everything up and clean my house, get bottles ready, wash baby clothes, I couldn't help because I had a c/s & DH couldn't take time off work because he had just started the job a month before.

DS had to stay in the hospital until that night anyways so it gave me a bit of time to go home, get his bag packed, they got time to set things up, go buy formula then when DH got off work we went back to the hospital to pick him up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"