Babies: 0 - 3 Months

The size of ours LO's stomach... FF come in!

I feel so weird about trying to feed LO 4oz because they say that his stomach is the size of his fist....And at 5 1/2 weeks, his fist is pretty small lol. I know that lots of babies his age and even smaller eat more than him!

How do you feel about that? I know he will eat what he will eat... He is 9 1/2lbs.

TIA!

Re: The size of ours LO's stomach... FF come in!

• My baby eats about 3 ounces and the doctor said to start putting about 4 ounces in the bottle so there is a bit more in there if she wants more. It seems like so much! Sometimes when she eats too much she will puke some of it back up after a few minutes, so I guess if he is keeping it down, he isn't eating more than he can handle.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Our pedi told us at one month he'd be eating 2-4 oz, and at 2 months 4-6 ounces. He stayed pretty on track with that. Sounds like your LO is doing fine. If he's puking it all up, don't offer as much. I know Lucas rejects the bottle when he's done, so its easy for me to tell when he's full. 
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD is 4 weeks tomorrow and eats 4-5oz every 4 hours. It seems like a lot to me but less won't hold her- she looks for more. She is big though- was 9 lbs 3 oz at birth and was 9 lbs 10 oz at 3 weeks
  • This is the chart our pedi gave me:

0-1 month eat 6-8x/day 2-4oz

1-2 months eat 5-7x/day 3-5oz

2-3 months eat 4-6x/day 4-7oz

3-4 months eat 4-6x/day 5-8oz

ETA: DD is BF and eats every 2-4 hours depending on when she's awake. When we feed her a pumped bottle, she eats 2.5-3 oz usually. Tonight I just fed her 4+ oz because she kept wanting more and more. I'm definitely waiting for her to throw most of it up since she never eats that much. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is about 6.5 weeks and just started finishing 3oz bottles. She eats every 3 hours [almost on the dot lol] and is around 11lbs. I wish she'd take more so she'd hopefully sleep a little longer!
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • DS was taking 4-5oz at a month, and 8oz at 2 months. He's over 16lbs though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"