Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Some names are just odd

So far my cousins have chosen the names Genesis, Kerialys, Enidsha, Armani and Alexavier. Outside of Armani and Genesis I have no idea how to pronounce those names.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Some names are just odd

• Wow...are they ethnic names?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow. I would choose none of those names.
  • Loading the player...
  • They Sound made up! My sil liked the name Chase-Lynn ughhh.
  • imageLuvMyBostons:
    Wow...are they ethnic names?

If by ethnic names you mean stupid names then yes. LOL. No those are NOT ethnic names. The names are combintations of other names because somehow that made more sense than giving the child a first and middle name.

• I know a Genesis and it fits her well.  She goes by Gen sometimes.

The others are just, Indifferent.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Those are so bad! 

Try to rub off some of your good name juju on them, MCC. They need help! 

• imageMCC1010:

imageLuvMyBostons:

If by ethnic names you mean stupid names then yes. LOL. No those are NOT ethnic names. The names are combintations of other names because somehow that made more sense than giving the child a first and middle name.

Haha...Yeeeeeaaaahhh....I would try to steer them towards different names then.
  • imageMCMoo23:

Those are so bad! 

Try to rub off some of your good name juju on them, MCC. They need help! 

Are you kidding? They think I am boring because my sons name is Matthew. How dare I not give my son an "orginal" name. Tongue Tied

• imageLuvMyBostons:
    imageMCC1010:

imageLuvMyBostons:

The kids are already born so it is too late. I started thinking about how crazy some of my family is when my pregnant cousin wrote about the names she liked. Bobby-Bobbie (with the hyphen), Aurelido (don't even get me started), Dylalejandro and Danilorlando. After that mess I stopped reading the email.

• Oh my. Why do people make up names? There are so many other ways a person can be unique than with a crazy name.

A friend of mine has a niece with a made up name. Apparently both the grandmothers middle names were Lynn. So they wanted to use something with Lynn in it. Um, there are plenty options - Caitlynn, Marilynn, Carolyn, or just plain Lynn. No, they went with res lynn (one word, I seperated for googling purposes). Not to mention that they call her Ressie sometimes. And the mom has the most annoying, twangy southern accent so it sounds like Rezzzzzliiiinnnn or Rezzzie. I cringe every time I hear it. And no Res did not mean anything to them to add to Lynn. They just came up with it.

• imageMCC1010:
    imageLuvMyBostons:
    imageMCC1010:

imageLuvMyBostons:

The kids are already born so it is too late. I started thinking about how crazy some of my family is when my pregnant cousin wrote about the names she liked. Bobby-Bobbie (with the hyphen), Aurelido (don't even get me started), Dylalejandro and Danilorlando. After that mess I stopped reading the email.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, those poor poor kids.
  • imageLuvMyBostons:
    imageMCC1010:
    imageLuvMyBostons:
    imageMCC1010:

imageLuvMyBostons:

My thoughts exactly.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
  • imageBrytany09:
    imageLuvMyBostons:
    imageMCC1010:
    imageLuvMyBostons:
    imageMCC1010:

imageLuvMyBostons:

My thoughts exactly.

I just call them by their first initial. I don't even want to bother learning how to say these names.

• I had a student named Alexavier.....its actually a nice sounding name and almost sounds like alexander.  This student went by Alexi or Xavier pronouced Zavier. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I might be the weirdo here but I really like the name Alexavier, probably would never name my kid that but I do like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"