Parenting after a Loss

Solids 4 months or 6 months?

At the time that I faced this decision with DS1 it was strongly recommended that I wait until 6 months to start solids.
Now with DS2 she (my pediatrician) said I could experiment with solids with Logan..  but when I said I might want to wait, that I do not feel like he is developmentally ready... she sighed a sigh of relief & said that I am in the minority and most want to rush into it.   

So when are you all starting & why?

I found this on kellymom  

Summer 2011
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~

Re: Solids 4 months or 6 months?

• Possibly cereal at 4 months depending on how well LO is sleeping and what her eating routine is, all other solids at 6 months.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • We tried cereal about 4.5 months, and DS wanted no part of that. We put it away for a few weeks, and tried again around 5 months. At that point, he loved it. We did cereal for a few days and then went on to avocado, peas, apples, sweet potatoes, pears. We tried blueberries this week and tomorrow he's trying mango. He also loved chicken and we'll try green beans this weekend. I make most of his baby food except the fruits, and we just do the Earth's Best jars for those.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 months -my pedi rec. it bc of it being cold season and our no vaccine choices. Plus the reasons on kellymom make good sense as well
    In memory of precious Julia, sweet baby James, and now Timmy who fought so hard.

Natural miscarriage - April 2009 ~ We love you, 'Blueberry'
    Lydia, born July 12, 2010
    Labor buddy to Kelly0615
  • A will be 4 months on Saturday and I don't feel like she is ready at all. While she has more than doubled her birth weight, she only sits "assisted" in the bumbo, but using the boppy or a pillow it lasts all of 3 seconds. She doesn't seem interested in our food and still seems satisfied with just BM.

I don't see any reason to push her. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well out pedi said we could start whenever especially if he was showing signs that he was ready so we started when he was about 4 1/2 months old and then started him on a fruit a few days later. He likes bananas so far... the apples were ok. I started feeding him already too because he doesn't drink very much milk maybe at most 16oz from the bottle and maybe only at most another 6 from the bbs... so 24 oz a day...
    BFP #1: 10/17/08 EDD: 6/24/09-missed m/c; d&c on 12/8/08 BFP #2: 11/7/09 EDD: 7/15/10-Cabe born on 7/9/10 BFP #3: 10/7/11 EDD: 6/20/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker A Butterfly lies beside us like a sunbeam and for a brief moment, its beauty and glory belong to our world. But then it flies on again. And though we wish it could have stayed we feel so lucky to have seen it. In loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia.
  • With DD1, I wanted to wait until 6 months.  We tried at 4 months because she was so thin and because my parents had been bothering me about it literally since she was 2 months old! (Apparently I had oatmeal in my bottle at 8 weeks).  Anyway, we gave her cereal at 4 months and the poor thing had massive indigestion and was miserable for two days.  She definitely was not ready.  We tried again at 5 months, again because she was so thin and I thought it might help her put on weight.  She was ready then, but it did not help her put on weight.

DD2 is in the 80th percentile for weight so I don't think her poundage will be an issue.  I plan again to try to wait until 6 months.  I see no reason to rush.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • We started rice cereal at 4.5 months. She was ready. We did not add anything else for nearly a month. At this point she will not go for cheerios or puffs. She won't eat table food yet. We have tried a few stage 3 jars and it's okay sort of. We are obviously letting her go at her own pace as if we had a choice. Ha.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"