March 2011 Moms

Breast pump and insurance question

Hello ladies. Has anyone called the insurance company about purchasing a pump? Do they pay for any of it? How about renting it? Do they pay for any of that? What insurance company do you have? Thanks!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: Breast pump and insurance question

• Mine doesn't unless the baby is a preemie or other medical need like that, but it doesn't hurt to ask b/c some people get them covered!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have cigna and they will not cover any of it...I asked even if I have script, they said there are always other ways of feeding my LO
  • Loading the player...
  • I have blue cross blue shield.  I was told that the insurance company will pay 90% and I have to pay 10%.  I was also given the names of places where to buy it.
  • They would pay 90% of mine.  They wont let me get it though till the baby is born.
  • I have Aetna, and they don't pay for it, but they sent me a brochure of discount pumps (I guess a preferred provider with the insurance)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have United and they told me no. However, a family member said her PPO covered the one from the hospital bc they bill it as part of the hospital stay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechicsub:
    Mine doesn't unless the baby is a preemie or other medical need like that, but it doesn't hurt to ask b/c some people get them covered!

Same. I have PacifiCare.

• If your insurance will not cover the cost if you have an FSA (flex spending account) you can use that to cover the cost or the portion your insurance company will not cover.  My FSA will cover the cost as long as I submit a note from my Dr. saying it is necessary.  They will accept returning to work as necessary.
  • imagechicsub:
    Mine doesn't unless the baby is a preemie or other medical need like that, but it doesn't hurt to ask b/c some people get them covered!

This - I have Coventry

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm in Canada, and my Insurance Co is Sunlife. I'm required to have a Dr's note saying that I require a pump, and then the Ins will cover 80% of the cost up to a cap of $200.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have Blue Cross Blue Shield (Empire Blue - NY) and they cover 100% of it.  The med supply store won't let me purchase it until the baby is born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"