Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Do you use bibs on LO?

I have the reuseable ones that you wipe down and they are getting pretty gross. The ones you wash were stained really bad b/c Lily is a really messy eater. Do you still use bibs, and if so which ones?

Re: Do you use bibs on LO?

• We have the reusable plastic ones.  After so many uses I throw them in the washer and they come out good as new.  
    Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We stopped for awhile because LO was just ripping them off.  Now that he is trying to use his spoon himself, mealtime has gotten quite messy, so we bought ones like this (ours are Elmo and Cookie Monster):image 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I still use bibs on my son, I know he is close to 2, but I do not like him getting his clothes stained. Therefore, we use the plastic ones and when they get too dirty and wiping them off isn't enough I throw them into the washer. I also use the cloth ones on occassion and spray oxy on them when they get dirty and stains come right off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My 32 weeker is now 3.5!
  • imageblushingbrideoct07:
    We have the reusable plastic ones.  After so many uses I throw them in the washer and they come out good as new.  

I have the wipe down ones and when they get a little wet, they get moldy. I guess I need the waterproof ones.

• We have a Mally Bib (www.mallybibs.com) it is leather so it is super easy to clean and has magnetic closures so you can just stick it on the fridge when you aren't using it. They are pretty pricey, but worth it. They also sell slightly irregular bibs on their Etsy page a couple times a year for about half price. I have an irregular and a regular and I cannot even tell what the "irregularity" is on my irregular bib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow.  How interesting.  I thought everyone was using bibs right now.  DD wears a bib for every meal.  She doesn't fight it.  We have cloth ones and after each meal we rinse them and hang them to dry.  Then they get washed at the end of the week.
  • Definitely. She'd be a disaster after every meal if we didn't. We have a flexible plastic one that has a 'pouch' at the bottom to catch all her food. It perfect- she eats all the food out of the pouch when she's done.

eta: this one

• hardly ever use bibs anymore... stopped around 14mo... they rip them off- even over thier heads... they hate them.

if they are eating something really messy i'll just take their shirt off.

• We never use bibs anymore, he always rips them off and throws a fit if I try and put one on him.  Once I tried putting 2 bibs on him at the same time hoping that if he ripped one off he wouldn't notice he was wearing a 2nd one.  My great idea failed Stick out tongue
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagecooperme2871:

imageblushingbrideoct07:
    We have the reusable plastic ones.  After so many uses I throw them in the washer and they come out good as new.  

I have the wipe down ones and when they get a little wet, they get moldy. I guess I need the waterproof ones.

I throw them in the dryer too.  Not sure what the difference btw the wipe and the waterproof bibs are but I have a million different kinds and brands and they all do ok in the washer and dryer.  Its worth a shot if you plan on throwing them out anyways.  

ETA:  I looked up the wipe bibs and I do have a few of those too.  They are totally fine in the washer and dryer.  Good luck! 

Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
  • If its a regular bib he rips it off and hands it to me. When its a really messy meal we use the bibs from Ikea. It has full length sleeves lol. My bil joked that ds has to wear a 'snowsuit' to eat haha. Whatever- they work!
  • We just started using them again, in the summer he would go shirtless. We us the Ikea full front bibs. these are great & when they get icky I just throw them in the washer. Here is a link to the ones we have 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70179754 

• We are only using them with messy foods now, like spaghetti or something she spoons into her mouth. We use the Carters ones that snap in the back so she cant take them off.

BabyName Ticker
  • Cedric still wears them, he loves rice and I like that the bibs catch a lot of it...and other foods of course.  We have a lot of the Bumkins brand which are machine washable.  Also some other kinds which I do throw in the wash machine when they get too gross, I just let them air dry and most are doing ok with that.  But realy love the Bumpkin ones that I got at Babies R Us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"