Parenting

Would this be too stupid? (DS birthday)

DD turns 2 on December 5th. She's getting gifts and a cake this coming weekend with family-- no party. She won't miss it.

DS turns 4 on December 11th.

We are having a holiday/housewarming open house on the 12th from noon to 6pm. 

Would it be dumb to invite the families of DS preschool classmates, and say that we'll be doing a cake and ice cream at 3 or 4pm? I just can't get it together for a separate party, even if I wanted to. December is crazy with both birthdays and Christmas.

I am bringing cupcakes for his 'special day' at school on the 13th.

AKA KnittyB*tch
DS - December 2006
DD - December 2008

imageimage

Re: Would this be too stupid? (DS birthday)

• Would he miss it if he didn't get a big party?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I think it would be fine...or the party at school could be enough, unless he specifically wants a party at his house. 

• Loading the player...
  • He hasn't even mentioned a party. He just knows he's getting a cake and a present or two.

I guess I am just feeling guilty that he hasn't had a party since his first. For his second, I was one day out of the hospital with a c/section, and for his third, both kids got sick and we had to cancel it.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Eh, then I would just do it with the family.  I think it would be awkward, personally, to go to a housewarming/holiday open house/ birthday party.   

Just my opinion.  Feel free to take it or leave it.  

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Your sig pic is sweet :)

Are you close to his classmates? If not, I say skip it and just sing Happy Birthday with the family. I think it would awkward to feel the need to entertain strangers while surrounded by family.

But hey, do whatever you need to do to get through this godforsaken month!

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imager9stedt:

Eh, then I would just do it with the family.  I think it would be awkward, personally, to go to a housewarming/holiday open house/ birthday party.   

Just my opinion.  Feel free to take it or leave it.  

This, exactly.

• I know the parents decently well. DS school is a co-op, so we're all pretty involved in one way or another.

Okey dokey. It sounds like I should skip the weekend thing and just do the school thing.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • imageAnnapolisLari:

I know the parents decently well. DS school is a co-op, so we're all pretty involved in one way or another.

Okey dokey. It sounds like I should skip the weekend thing and just do the school thing.

For our in-school party, G and I are baking gingerbread men, then I'm sending in frosting, mini M&Ms, sprinkles and whatever else for the kids to decorate in class.

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageREOM:
    imageAnnapolisLari:

I know the parents decently well. DS school is a co-op, so we're all pretty involved in one way or another.

For our in-school party, G and I are baking gingerbread men, then I'm sending in frosting, mini M&Ms, sprinkles and whatever else for the kids to decorate in class.

REOM i love that idea so cute!!!
    Also is there any way you could just celebrate both kids birthdays together ??? that is personally wwhat i would do all the time since they are close together and in DEC

• imagechannelmomma:
    [REOM i love that idea so cute!!!
    Also is there any way you could just celebrate both kids birthdays together ??? that is personally wwhat i would do all the time since they are close together and in DEC

I'm not going to lump their birthdays together just because we happened to have them both in the same month, KWIM?

I think that every kid deserves their own special day. They already do nearly everything together. I am not making them share their celebration, too.
    AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • imagechannelmomma:
    imageREOM:
    imageAnnapolisLari:

REOM i love that idea so cute!!!

I would NOT do this. I know how much of  a PITA it is to do 2 separate birthday parties but if you don't do one with his classmates (which we're also in a co-op so if I were you I would be inviting the preschool kids for cake on Sunday) I definitly wouldn't combine their birthdays.

I would have HATED to share my  birthday with my sibling (Hell- I feel bad for Nathan and Morgan and they are twins!!!! I make everyone sing Happy Birthday twice; once for each of them. They get their own theme and cake).

That's just my 2 cents though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"