May 2011 Moms

intro - 1st pregnancy after miscarriage

Hi everyone,

Im Sarah, a new poster - Im due May 19th with our first. Im 26 my hub is 29, we've been married for a year and some change. We both work full time in Austin, TX. This is the first grandbaby on both sides! We are an inter-racial couple (Im latina, he's black) so this baby is going to grow up with a very different experience than the rest of the family. Bet of both worlds hopefully. We are really excited about the baby :)

We got pregnant in May and then miscarried at 7.5/8 weeks. We got pregnant again after my first period after the miscarriage in August and this time we are doing a lot better. I've been getting regular weekly acupuncture and started taking whole food supplements instead of prenatal vitamins (all still same doses of vitamins necessary, just in more pills taken throughout the day so my body can absorb them better). I think it has really helped.

Were 16 weeks now and Ive told most close friends, family, and work...Im just taking forever to make it facebook official. Maybe when I actually give birth I'll make an announcement :)

Im craving all bad foods! Catfish (#1), popsicles, and chocolate. I used to be a really healthy vegetarian yogi and I have fallen off the wagon HARD. I'll get back on after the pregnancy... until then, I love food.

Now Im getting ready to take a cloth diaper class, thinking about registry, looking into childbirth classes for later on. Trying to get my plan on!

Just wanted to introduce myself! I dont know id you can chat with ppl on this, but if you can, feel free to chat me!

Sarah

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: intro - 1st pregnancy after miscarriage

• Welcome to the board :)
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome! Congrats on this baby of yours! And that's so awesome that the baby will be exposed to various cultures and lifestyles Big Smile 
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • welcome to the board
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • congrats and welcome!  There is also a few boards dedicated to those who had endured losses.  You should check out PAL - pregnant after a loss.  Very supportive - especially as you may be more on edge then the first time around.  The may board is fun too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also was pregnant in May (for the first time) and lost the baby.  My loss was at about 7 weeks.  I'm sorry about your loss!  I'm doing better this time, too, but still worry sometimes about the carpet being pulled out from under us at any time.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  •  

Welcome and congrats!

My situation is very similar, I know how scary it is to "tell  the world."  Celebrate your pregnancy, today you are pregnant and enjoy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats! Welcome to the May board. I think there are a lot of mixed couples here. My husband is Cuban and I am from mixed European decent. Definitely different cultures going on, but it makes like more interesting and fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"