3rd Trimester
Options

humor me: early labor or heartburn?

This may be a stupid question but I was induced with #1 and by the time I had real contractions, I had an epi.  I never went into labor on my own.  The past 2 days, I've felt really crampy but not low in the pelvis area; it's been higher up above my belly button.  I've had heartburn this whole pregnancy but way high up in my chest.  No other signs of impending labor but (TMI) really excessive diahrrea today.

WDYT?

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Re: humor me: early labor or heartburn?

• Options
    Sounds like a stomach bug or braxton hicks.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ummm maybe I'm illiterate today, but could you re-explain this to me?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Heartburn or stomach bug
  • Options

Doesn't sound like labor to me.  My contractions were sort-of "whole body experiences."  I could never feel that my stomach got hard on the outside like they tell you it will (my belly is always hard at the top because my babies have always been wedged up there with their backs facing out), but I'd have to stop walking/talking and I'd have a hard time breathing.

As for the diahrrea -- I've had that off and on this time, too.  But, if you are having it excessively, it's possible you're having some contracting due to being dehydrated.  If it were me, I'd drink a bunch of water and lie on the couch on my side and see if the pains/cramps were timeable and if they subside.

• Options

awesome, thanks ladies. I have had this awful cold for weeks now and I think it's making me feel all around bad.

Cramps are def. all the time (not timeable) and I'm getting a lot of BH but nothing timeable or consistent.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"