Multiples

sticking to routine while out

is SOOO hard.. naps get messed up, meals get skipped, and the crankies come out! how do you deal with routine/schedule when you're out? shortly after I put them in the car and start driving, they fall asleep.. (whether it's nap time or not) Sometimes I feel like I have to pick either A. have a good day and stay home or B. risk it and go out with him knowing they will probably be overtired and cranky... is it like this for everyone? any tips to share that will make things easier??

I'm especially nervous because we are going out of town on Sunday for a week! so different environment, etc

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: sticking to routine while out

• I hate this too, and Thanksgiving was hard for me because of it.  I try to make our outings around naps.  For instance, after their morning nap we will do a brief outing, then come home for afternoon nap, and then maybe do something after that in the afternoon.  This means most of our outings are within a 20-30 minute drive of our house.  If it is a farther drive, we leave right before nap time so they will sleep in the car.

We are going out of town for CHristmas, and I know things will get screwed up, but we are still going to try to stick to our schedule as closely as we can.  For the most part, I value their being in a good mood more than I value adventure. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBeccaLandes:

I hate this too, and Thanksgiving was hard for me because of it.  I try to make our outings around naps.  For instance, after their morning nap we will do a brief outing, then come home for afternoon nap, and then maybe do something after that in the afternoon.  This means most of our outings are within a 20-30 minute drive of our house.  If it is a farther drive, we leave right before nap time so they will sleep in the car. 

this is what we do too. when we go out of town i stick to the schedule too. my family knows and we plan our day around it. i dont want to deal with two cranky babies and of course as moms, we are the only ones who do/can so i make sure they are happy first, everyone else second. 

• Loading the player...
  • I usually left the house for an outing about 9ish (time for 1st nap) and made sure the drive wherever we were going lasted at least 20 minutes so they would at least sleep that long...sometimes they would fall back asleep in their stroller and finish their nap...and then I was always "home" for their afternoon nap at 1pm....sometimes we would go for an outing at the time of their second nap, but I tried to have that one in their cribs/pnps b/c that one was always their longer of the 2....family/friends just had/have to work around them....2 cranky babies = miserable mommy...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"