Success after IF

SGFC SAHMs

What do you ladies do with your LOs when you have appts? DH is no longer in a flexible position and the SAHM who was watching DD is going back to work. I'm kind of in a bind here :( 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

Re: SGFC SAHMs

• I am not sure what SGFC means, but I am taking from your post that you are in treatment. I took Nolan with me when we were monitoring. It was not ideal, but it had to happen. I would get there as close to my apt time as I could, and be as discreet as possible. It was like I said not ideal, but what can you do?

I had just as much right to be there for a second as anyone else did for a first, and as the nurse told me, babies/children are a part of life and are everywhere/unavoidable. 

• Well, I'm not a SAHM but I don't have a traditional day care either (MIL watches G and she lives near my work which is 25-30 miles from my house/SGFC).  Usually I am able to get the 6:45 am appointments for monitoring so I can actually go home first and get G afterwards but before DH has to leave for work.  When I can't get that early of an appt I take DH's car to the appt and text him in between b/w and the u/s so he & G know when to leave and meet me in the parking lot.  They take my car so we don't have to switch G out.  I have actually seen two other couples doing this during the past couple of months.  (luckily we live like 10 minutes from Annandale).  Obviously ER's and ET's are trickier but then my MIL is usually able to come out and watch G.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been there! I have had regular doctor appts, RE appts, and many other things were I didn't know what to do! Finally I found a babysitter with a pretty flexible schedule and I just try to make my appointments around her. I have had to take all three of my kids to appointments though and it isn't bad as you would think!
  • imagefirsttogo:

I am not sure what SGFC means, but I am taking from your post that you are in treatment. I took Nolan with me when we were monitoring. It was not ideal, but it had to happen. I would get there as close to my apt time as I could, and be as discreet as possible. It was like I said not ideal, but what can you do?

I had just as much right to be there for a second as anyone else did for a first, and as the nurse told me, babies/children are a part of life and are everywhere/unavoidable. 

Shady Grove Fertility Center has rules that you can't bring children to your appointments.  At least they did-- I don't actually see the signs up anymore and....there was actually a 2 year old in there this afternoon when I got my methotrexate shot-- but that was at like 4 pm so it may have actually been a staff person's son.

• imagedesabean:
    imagefirsttogo:

I am not sure what SGFC means, but I am taking from your post that you are in treatment. I took Nolan with me when we were monitoring. It was not ideal, but it had to happen. I would get there as close to my apt time as I could, and be as discreet as possible. It was like I said not ideal, but what can you do?

I wasn't sure what SGFC was either! So i was in this boat when i was cycling for Brady! I had no one to watch the twins. I called my nurse and explained, They had me go with the kids just didn't have me in the waiting room. I am sure they will figure something out!

Shady Grove Fertility Center has rules that you can't bring children to your appointments.  At least they did-- I don't actually see the signs up anymore and....there was actually a 2 year old in there this afternoon when I got my methotrexate shot-- but that was at like 4 pm so it may have actually been a staff person's son.

• I totally sounded Way biitchier than I meant!!
  • Where in NOVA are you?  If you are nearby, I may be able to watch her on occasion for an hour or so.  I live in Springfield though so I am not near any of the SGFC's.  I usually go to the one in Annandale.
  • I haven't checked myself, but I was under the impression that at Rockville there was a smaller waiting room where they whisk you off to if you have to bring your child.

We might be dealing with this next year.  My thought is that we'll probably try to get the earliest appt and have DH watch him until I get back.

Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecharmcitygirl:

I haven't checked myself, but I was under the impression that at Rockville there was a smaller waiting room where they whisk you off to if you have to bring your child.

We might be dealing with this next year.  My thought is that we'll probably try to get the earliest appt and have DH watch him until I get back.

Hmm...I'll have to look into that. Though we're in Centreville, VA, so it's over an hour away. 

• imageGermanwife2b:
    Where in NOVA are you?  If you are nearby, I may be able to watch her on occasion for an hour or so.  I live in Springfield though so I am not near any of the SGFC's.  I usually go to the one in Annandale.

That is SUCH a sweet offer. Unfortunately, DH won't even consider letting me find a babysitter, much less someone from the internetz...he refuses to let "strangers" watch her. He flat out said he'd rather not have more kids than put her with a babysitter or in a daycare type setting like At Play Cafe. Ugh. This is so much harder than it has to be.  

• imageShannonSky:

imageGermanwife2b:
    Where in NOVA are you?  If you are nearby, I may be able to watch her on occasion for an hour or so.  I live in Springfield though so I am not near any of the SGFC's.  I usually go to the one in Annandale.

That is SUCH a sweet offer. Unfortunately, DH won't even consider letting me find a babysitter, much less someone from the internetz...he refuses to let "strangers" watch her. He flat out said he'd rather not have more kids than put her with a babysitter or in a daycare type setting like At Play Cafe. Ugh. This is so much harder than it has to be.  

What if I showed him my nursing license (I'm a baby nurse at that).  Think he'd change his mind :-)  But hey- I totally understand the internet thing.  I don't understand the no babysitter thing though...you mean like no babysitter ever???  How will you ever go out on a date night? :-)

• imageGermanwife2b:
    imageShannonSky:

imageGermanwife2b:

What if I showed him my nursing license (I'm a baby nurse at that).  Think he'd change his mind :-)  But hey- I totally understand the internet thing.  I don't understand the no babysitter thing though...you mean like no babysitter ever???  How will you ever go out on a date night? :-)

If I met you anywhere other than the internet, he'd be fine with it. He totally doesn't "get" the message board thing. I don't think this is a good week for him at work, either, he had training on Mon-Tues, so now he's all backed up. And yeah, no babysitters. Ever. The only people who have watched her are family and friends. We've got a big enough network that it's been fine so far, but mornings are tough. I'm emailing through my list of friends now. I wish SG had an Arlington office, that would be really helpful. I think we're going to drive to the office together, get the earliest appts, then I'll drive him to work so we can take HOV. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.

• You should start coming to SAIF DC get-togethers.  I am personally friends with many of them now after these get-togethers.  I adore my SAIF friends and DH "gets" how supportive they have and are to me through everything.  It's been years in the making, but he really gets it now.  Look for any future DC get-togethers and come join us for a glass of wine or a lunch with the kiddos (which is fun but hectic with 7-10 babies in an Olive Garden- ha!)  Good luck.  And the only times I have brought DS to SG is with DH and the signing of consent forms and one of my ultrasounds.  They have had them come in the back door and they stick them in a conference room.  But I would never bring DS by myself.  I know it is hard, so I hope you can get something worked out.  I think the two of you doing to the earliest appt is your best bet.
  • imageGermanwife2b:
    You should start coming to SAIF DC get-togethers.  I am personally friends with many of them now after these get-togethers.  I adore my SAIF friends and DH "gets" how supportive they have and are to me through everything.  It's been years in the making, but he really gets it now.  Look for any future DC get-togethers and come join us for a glass of wine or a lunch with the kiddos (which is fun but hectic with 7-10 babies in an Olive Garden- ha!)  Good luck.  And the only times I have brought DS to SG is with DH and the signing of consent forms and one of my ultrasounds.  They have had them come in the back door and they stick them in a conference room.  But I would never bring DS by myself.  I know it is hard, so I hope you can get something worked out.  I think the two of you doing to the earliest appt is your best bet.

I'll keep an eye out for the next one :) I'd love to go! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"