Babies on the Brain
Options

Starbucks fans---12 days of sharing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  

Re: Starbucks fans---12 days of sharing

• Options
    Thanks! and I lurve the new siggy :)
  • Options

imagesomalia:
    Thanks! and I lurve the new siggy :)

Thanks---I'm trying to find the right picture, but I love that one.  H was just staring at him in awe and L was just pissed.  What a touching father/son moment, eh? :-P 

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBallSox:

H was just staring at him in awe and L was just pissed.  What a touching father/son moment, eh? :-P 

lol - yes it is very sweet! I'm sure they'll be a lot more of those to come. We will forever be in awe and our LO's will have different ideas! :D 

• Options

Remember that year where they got people to pledge to buy a certain number of cups? 

Please don't do that. Seriously. The meds cost 25c a pill,  you have to take 4 a day, for 60 days. The year they did that I did the math on the number of cups pledged at that time at 5c per cup with a typical cost of 3.95 a cup. You know what that worked out to? A full round of medication for about 53 people. That's it. Considering that most people pledged to buy 4+ cups...well....you know what? Donate $10 directly to Global Fund, then buy a cup to congratulate yourself. Works out to about the same, and it helps a heckuva lot more people. 

Just sayin'

The marketing is brilliant, but it's a scam. Much as I love Starbucks and appreciate that they at least *try* 

• Options
    imagemrs.starbucks:

Remember that year where they got people to pledge to buy a certain number of cups? 

Please don't do that. Seriously. The meds cost 25c a pill,  you have to take 4 a day, for 60 days. The year they did that I did the math on the number of cups pledged at that time at 5c per cup with a typical cost of 3.95 a cup. You know what that worked out to? A full round of medication for about 53 people. That's it. Considering that most people pledged to buy 4+ cups...well....you know what? Donate $10 directly to Global Fund, then buy a cup to congratulate yourself. Works out to about the same, and it helps a heckuva lot more people. 

Just sayin'

The marketing is brilliant, but it's a scam. Much as I love Starbucks and appreciate that they at least *try* 

Um....it's not a pledge to buy anything, it's a text-deal-a-day signup.  But do you need a ladder to find your way back down from your soapbox?  

• Options
    imageBallSox:

Um....it's not a pledge to buy anything, it's a text-deal-a-day signup.  But do you need a ladder to find your way back down from your soapbox?  

It was either 2 or 3 years ago that they had this elaborate website for it where people would "pledge" to buy cups. I don't think they've done it since, or at least not that I know of. 

Sorry if math makes your brain hurt :P getting ripped off hurts mine.

lol, relax. twas not a personal affront.  

• Options

Completely unrelated comments make my head hurt.  

"Hey--here's a great starbucks deal opportunity!"

"Don't pledge to buy x number of cups from starbucks, go donate money instead!"

Now, had I said "Hey--here's a great starbucks deal opportunity---does anyone have an opinion on them as a charitable corporation?" or if you'd have said "I've not been a fan of starbucks since....."  

It's not a personal affront, it's just a confusing random lecture from you followed by a thinly veiled insult about my math skills.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"