1st Trimester

TMI.. constipated and now gassy!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the graphic details but I have been constipated the last few weeks and was able to "use" the rest room twice today. Now I have terrible gas that hurts!  Has anyone else had this issue?   Tongue Tied

I also asked my RE for a prescription for colace (since it's so expensive at the drug store) and she said that they didn't write prescriptions for it.  I know some ladies use miralax - is that the same thing as colace? Is miralax over the counter?

Thanks in advance

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TMI.. constipated and now gassy!

• I'm sorry :(  I'm not sure about the laxatives but I've been taking metamucil fiber tablets and eating activia yogurt which has helped to regulate things for me this week.

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• Yes. Miralax is over the counter. I like Miralax better than colace because it has less crampy side effects. You can buy the generic version to Miralax (polyethylene glycol) and it would be a bit cheaper.
  • Loading the player...
  • yep, you can get miralax anywhere, costco has a generic version. it's much cheaper.
  • Mine got so bad I was using colace 3x a day and Miralaxx!! I was able to pick up colace at a local pharmacy for about $7-$8.  I didn't think it was too bad price wise.  Good luck!
  • I've been really gassy since getting pg (it's much worse on some days compared to others, though). I think it's normal.

Just a note - Colace and Miralax serve two different purposes. Colace is a stool softener, while Miralax is a laxative.  It's my understanding that Colace won't make you go, it'll just make it easier when you do finally go. Miralax will make you go. Neither of these will help you with your gas, either. Regardless, I hope you feel better soon!

• i was going through the same last week. I have found that eating prunes or drinking prune juice helps a lot with constipation. Prunes don't taste great but they do the 'job.' Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"