Pregnant after a Loss

Now I'm a little worried.

At my first RE I was told that my Protein S was off and that I would have to be on Lovenox during pregnancy and aspirin while ttc. The new RE retested me for it but I had been off of the aspirin for 2 days because she said that the Protein S would not have anything to do with pregnancy any how. Now after seeing Rock-elle's update post I am a little worried about the fact that my RE believes it is not a problem but when I consulted Google it has a lot of information about Protein S and m/c.

Anyone else every had an issue with Protein S?

3 Early Miscarriages 4 rounds of Clomid BFP = 11/16/10 ~ EDD July 29th 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Now I'm a little worried.

• ((hugs))  I know nothing about Protein S but I just wanted to suggest that maybe you might want to get a second opinion, just for piece of mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know anything about Protein S, but my feeling is if you want to pursue the Lovenox therapy, you should bring it up to the RE and push for it.

I feel like so much of this is trial and error to them, but to us, obviously it has a lot more weight. Tell them what your previous RE said, and the research you've done, and see what they have to say.

Also, I would stay on the aspirin, it's not going to hurt anything - unless your doctor is for some reason really strongly against it.

• Loading the player...
  • imageBabyMimi:
    ((hugs))  I know nothing about Protein S but I just wanted to suggest that maybe you might want to get a second opinion, just for piece of mind.

Yeah, the only problem is there is no one for me to get a second opinion from. This is my second opinion doctor. And with Tricare (military insurance) I can not go to a different doctor with out first jumping through 15 thousand hoops to prove why I need a different doctor, and with this already being my second one it is not likely that I will get a new one. And the GP doctors on base know nothing about pregnancy and IF issues. 

So I just have to hope that my RE won't act like I am an idiot and believe that I may know a little about what I am talking about, and have an actual conversation with me about it. 

3 Early Miscarriages 4 rounds of Clomid BFP = 11/16/10 ~ EDD July 29th 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAshley858:

imageBabyMimi:
    ((hugs))  I know nothing about Protein S but I just wanted to suggest that maybe you might want to get a second opinion, just for piece of mind.

Yeah, the only problem is there is no one for me to get a second opinion from. This is my second opinion doctor. And with Tricare (military insurance) I can not go to a different doctor with out first jumping through 15 thousand hoops to prove why I need a different doctor, and with this already being my second one it is not likely that I will get a new one. And the GP doctors on base know nothing about pregnancy and IF issues. 

So I just have to hope that my RE won't act like I am an idiot and believe that I may know a little about what I am talking about, and have an actual conversation with me about it. 

Since that's the case, I would do what Allison suggested and push your RE. Sorry you have to have these worries. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know anything about protein s. I take a baby aspirin daily just in case even though all of my blood work came back negative after my loss.

Good luck

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imageambrandau2:

I don't know anything about Protein S, but my feeling is if you want to pursue the Lovenox therapy, you should bring it up to the RE and push for it.

I feel like so much of this is trial and error to them, but to us, obviously it has a lot more weight. Tell them what your previous RE said, and the research you've done, and see what they have to say.

Also, I would stay on the aspirin, it's not going to hurt anything - unless your doctor is for some reason really strongly against it.

I'm hoping that she will listen to me because this is the only chance I have unless I can talk my GP into giving me an Rx for it but that probably wouldn't make my RE too happy.

• During my 1st pg, I was diagnosed with Protein S deficiency (at about 6 1/2 mo). The hematologist put me on lovenox for the rest of my pg. (Which my OB actually thought was probably more aggressive than necessary.) At 6 weeks post-partum, I was test and it came back normal. So I was no longer considered high risk or anything.

Then I had 3 losses and test positive for the MTHFR mutation, so once again I am lovenox.

I have no idea if any of these things had any impact on any of my pg, and so I am sure I no help to you. But I do know the hematologist felt that if the Protein S issue existed outside of pregnancy, it was something that should be treated with lovenox.

I hope you can work on your doc to treat you the way you feel is right. 

Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"