Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Fussy baby- help!

My baby is almost 4wks old and he seems to be fussy a lot! He doesn't like to be laid down when he is awake (like on a play mat) and doesn't like the swing. All he wants is to be held and walked around...is this normal for this age? It makes my day really difficult because I can't do anything. When do they like to lay on a play mat or just laid down to look around at their surroundings? I've read that holding them at this age you can't spoil them, is this true? I love holding him, but I don't want to start something...

Re: Fussy baby- help!

• you cant spoil them. my DD is the same way.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My DD was like this too, and still is quite a bit. However, she has finally taken to spending a few minutes in the swing, on the playmat, etc. Hopefully we can continue to extend those periods of time as she grows and is more pulled in by colors, objects, etc. Hold your baby while he/she lets you!
  • Loading the player...
  • you can't spoil them. DD didn't like the swing, bouncy seat or anything besides being held till about two months. hang in there. Smile

• You can't spoil your LO just yet. I know it makes it hard to get things done, but it does get better. I didn't think it would when I was where you are, but have faith! 

Your LO is so little still he/she just wants to be held constantly, totally normal. Keep in mind that your LO just went from being "held" 24/7 inside you, to only being held sometimes. So even though it seems like you never put your LO down, to them it seems the opposite.

Keep your chin up and try to enjoy it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My little guy was like this for the first few weeks.  Putting him the newborn hug hold or the kangaroo hold in my Moby Wrap was my saving grace.  I was able to snuggle with him and get things around the house done.  Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I could have written this myself, and I kind of still want to scream when people tell me to enjoy it.  To me, there is nothing enjoyable about walking a ten pound baby around for literally 6 hours straight and feeling guilty when you have to go to the bathroom, eat, or answer the phone- especially when you aren't fully healed from the delivery.  My back, neck, and wrist hurt so badly at the end of the day from the strain. 

Buy a Moby Wrap.  Trust me- it was the best $40 I have spent in a long time. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"