3rd Trimester
Options

what is a diaper raffle?

what is a diaper raffle, i saw this posted earlier somewhere else and wasn't sure...

Re: what is a diaper raffle?

• Options
    bring diapers to a baby shower and get your name put into a drawing for something... my guess
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    makes sence, thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guests of the baby shower can bring a pack of diapers to the shower. Everyone who brings a pack gets to enter a raffle to win a special prize (like movie tickets, dinner certificate) Usually something nicer than the other prizes. Super awesome for the mommy to be because she gets lots of diapers!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Options

imageashgirlxo:
    bring diapers to a baby shower and get your name put into a drawing for something... my guess

Yep...the more diapers you bring, the more raffle tickets you get.  Tacky as all hell if you ask me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

Might sound tacky, but it's super helpful. I had one at my shower and got tons of diapers. We still have size 2 diapers that Lo doesn't fit into yet. It also gave us an opportunity to try different types of diapers without having to purchase tons of brands. I would recommend this to anyone who's having a shower.

And if this concept is really too tacky for you, you might consider doing a baby book raffle instead to boost your stock of baby books.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The baby book raffle is the same concept as the Diaper--still tacky.  You're asking people to not only bring a gift, but to purchase and bring something else as well.  Why not just register for nothing but diapers and call it a day?  JMHO.  I've participated in them for the sake of my friends who were having showers, but am opting NOT to have one at my shower.

And I agree with PP, you don't HAVE to participate, but to me it just seems "gift-grabby."

Stephanie Hsu
  • Options
    I don't think it is tacky at all...as others said, its optional and people go to showers to give gifts, that's kinda the point.
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"