Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What would I find in your grocery basket...?

So, I'm reading a post from a few days ago about some fellow bumpies who judge people based on the items in their grocery basket. If I were to see you at the grocery store, what would I see in your basket?

Here's what would be in mine:

For Tegan: 

A dozen or so jars of baby food, some Gerber graduate snacks, YoBaby Yogurt, some fruit cups, a jar of applesauce, maybe 1-2 pasta pick up type meals, some frozen good "finger food" veggies

For DH and myself:

Frozen chicken breasts, cheese, milk, cereal (probably something honey nut flavored, since we agree on those cereals), probably a pack of cookies, some Yoplait yogurt, maybe a few frozen meals, a pound or two of ground turkey/beef, some pasta, a box or two of mac and cheese, rice, and an assortment of fruits and veggies (basics like bananas, apples, brocolli, onions, etc.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What would I find in your grocery basket...?

• Options

For the kids:

Maybe some baby food for Grady, although he isn't that interested anymore, Annie's Mac and Cheese, YoBaby yogurt, Cheerios.

For everyone:

I usually pick up a taco kit, whole wheat bread, some kind of deli meat and cheese, Greek yogurt, Ellio's pizza (my pregnancy weakness), lots of cereal, fruit (always bananas and apples, and whatever else strikes my fancy), sweet potatoes, baby carrots, a couple of bags of salad, ice cream if it's on sale, lots of shredded cheese, pasta, and sauce.  I don't generally buy meat at the grocery store because we have a freezer full of farm-raised A

I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • Options

For the kids:

Maybe some baby food for Grady, although he isn't that interested anymore, Annie's Mac and Cheese, YoBaby yogurt, Cheerios.

For everyone:

I usually pick up a taco kit, whole wheat bread, some kind of deli meat and cheese, Greek yogurt, Ellio's pizza (my pregnancy weakness), lots of cereal, fruit (always bananas and apples, and whatever else strikes my fancy), sweet potatoes, baby carrots, a couple of bags of salad, ice cream if it's on sale, lots of shredded cheese, pasta, and sauce.  I don't generally buy meat at the grocery store because we have a freezer full of farm-raised Angus,

• Loading the player...
  • Options

For the kids:

For everyone:

I usually pick up a taco kit, whole wheat bread, some kind of deli meat and cheese, Greek yogurt, Ellio's pizza (my pregnancy weakness), lots of cereal, fruit (always bananas and apples, and whatever else strikes my fancy), sweet potatoes, baby carrots, a couple of bags of salad, ice cream if it's on sale, lots of shredded cheese, pasta, and sauce.  I don't generally buy meat at the grocery store because we have a freezer full of farm-raised Angus, some

• Options

For the kids:

For everyone:

I usually pick up a taco kit, whole wheat bread, some kind of deli meat and cheese, Greek yogurt, Ellio's pizza (my pregnancy weakness), lots of cereal, fruit (always bananas and apples, and whatever else strikes my fancy), sweet potatoes, baby carrots, a couple of bags of salad, ice cream if it's on sale, lots of shredded cheese, pasta, and sauce.  I don't generally buy meat at the grocery store because we have a freezer full of farm-raised Angus, some pork f

• Options

For the kids:

For everyone:

I usually pick up a taco kit, whole wheat bread, some kind of deli meat and cheese, Greek yogurt, Ellio's pizza (my pregnancy weakness), lots of cereal, fruit (always bananas and apples, and whatever else strikes my fancy), sweet potatoes, baby carrots, a couple of bags of salad, ice cream if it's on sale, lots of shredded cheese, pasta, and sauce.  I don't generally buy meat at the grocery store because we have a freezer full of farm-raised Angus, some pork from

• Options

For the kids:

For everyone:

I usually pick up a taco kit, whole wheat bread, some kind of deli meat and cheese, Greek yogurt, Ellio's pizza (my pregnancy weakness), lots of cereal, fruit (always bananas and apples, and whatever else strikes my fancy), sweet potatoes, baby carrots, a couple of bags of salad, ice cream if it's on sale, lots of shredded cheese, pasta, and sauce.  I don't generally buy meat at the grocery store because we have a freezer full of farm-raised Angus, some pork from my

• Options

I  am going tomorrow.

Kids-

fruit and some sort of healthy snack for Lola's class on her snack day.

Us:

chicken breast, lean ground beef,whole wheat bread,bell peppers, onion,lettuce,tortillas,baked tortilla chips, avocado if they have some,turkey bacon,2% cheese

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • Options

Here is my actual grocery list for tomorrow:

brussels sprouts

broccoli

turnip greens 

shallots

scallions

lemon

polenta

chicken broth

black beans

split peas

white beans

chicken breasts (we buy organic, free range)

yogurt

unsalted butter

fruit (apples, bananas, persimmons)

bread (100% whole wheat) 

The only thing I buy specifically for Norah is cheese- I like to have some Laughing Cow and Babybel on hand.

bishes be crazy
  • Options
    Fresh fruits, onions, steaks, london broil, chicken thighs, salsa, shredded cheese, sliced deli cheese, some fresh veggies, lots of frozen veggies, skim milk for us and whole, glass bottle milk for Ophelia, fresh pasta, soups, rye bread, extra firm tofu, shredded cabbage, ginger soy dressing, maybe some ice cream, pasta sauce, beef stock bullion, barley, rice, some random stuff I have coupons for.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

For C:

An assortment of fresh fruit, Gerber oatmeal, some fruit purees for oatmeal, chicken strips, frozen veggies, YoBaby yogurt, Gerber snacks, cheerios, fruit cups, wheat pasta.

For SO and I:

Chicken, ground turkey, fresh fruit and veggies, Yoplait yogurt, string cheese, american cheese, wheat bread, Stacey's chips, soft taco shells, Skinny Cow ice cream, frozen meals, turkey bacon, sour cream, assorted shredded cheeses, sugar free pudding.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For Lauren-

• Little Ones Yogurt 
    •  Babybel/Laughing Cow cheese
    •  Whole grain pasta & Bread
    •  avocado, bananas, apples, pears, blueberries
    • frozen peas, corn & asparagus
    • baby cereal, formula.

For everyone-

• broccoli, carrots, snap/snow peas, lettuce, mushrooms, cucumber, grapes, melon, sweet or red potatoes, onion.
    • cereal (non sugar), Rivita crackers, crumpets/english muffins, whole grain waffles
    • chicken, pork chops, turkey bacon, haddock fish, frozen shrimp, ground turkey/beef 
    • cheese, yogurt, 1% milk, cream cheese, cottage cheese
    • Kraft Dinner, Zoodles, Soup
    • Canned tuna/Salmon
    • Crushed tomatoes/tomato paste
    these are the things we buy all the time.
  • Options
    For me these days...Strawberries, bananas, apples, chocolate fruit dip, Lays potato chips, pickles, water, and cottage cheese LOL
    I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options

For my LO:

Fresh fruits and vegetables, Ella's Organics pouches, Plum Organics puffs, Gerber munchies (Cinnamon maple, my LO loves loves loves these).

For me and DH:

Lunchmeat, whole wheat bread, fruit, salad mix, croutons, olive oil salad dressing, canned fruit, cereal, granola bars, pop tarts, orange juice, apple juice, iced tea, doritos, oreos, brownies...

Hmm... started out good at least ;)

DH and I are trying to get better food at the grocery store to model healthy eating for DS but it's hard after a lifetime of eating junk!  We're pretty strict with LO only having fruits, vegetables, whole grain pasta, and bread, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Here's my actual list from last night...

For E:

Yobaby, sugar free berry applesauce, Annie's bunny grahams, Cheerios, frozen sweet peas, Mott's for Tots apple juice

For us:

Chicken breasts, mushrooms, stewed tomatoes, baby spinach, bone in chicken breasts, buttermilk, asparagus, brown rice, carrots, parboiled rice, green bell peppers, tomato sauce, black beans, pork chops, red bell peppers, grated asiago, bbq sauce, broccoli, sweet potatoes, chuck roast, red potatoes, red pearl onions, whole wheat bread

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"