Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Active sleeping- Clicky poll

How many of your LOs do this?  Mine has since day 1.  She is a really light sleeper a lot and active sleeps (REM sleep) often.  She sometimes has her eyes open or half open or has one eye open.  She makes lots of faces, smiles, frowns, puckers, etc.  From this sleep, she can fully wake up pretty easy or she can fall into a deep sleep.  Her cousin (9 days older) NEVER has done this.  I thought that was weird since I thought active sleep was normal.
[Poll]
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Active sleeping- Clicky poll

• All the time.  I'll hold off putting him in the pack n play until he's in a deep sleep and less likely to wake up.

• Her cousin has also been sleeping 7 1/2 - 9 hours a night consistently since she was 2 1/2 weeks (now 6 weeks)!  I am very jealous, but I thought maybe this was why.  K is a light sleeper and her cousin never has been. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Does she make a lot of sounds too? My baby can be a noisy sleeper at night and it is hard for me to sleep because it feels like she is being fussy and not really sleeping.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Holy god yes!  She has deep sleep from about 8pm or so until 1 or 2am.  But around then she starts grunting a lot but isn't awake.  Last night, she went down at 7pm and started grunting really loud around 1 am but wasn't awake to eat.  I was up until 3 listening to her thinking she was going to wake up since she NEVER has slept that long or gone that long between nursing, when finally I got her up to change her since she was soaked and poopy and my boobs hurt.  That is the first time she went more than 5 hours between feedings.  I may try to put her in her crib for that first stretch tonight to see if maybe I can get better sleep since she is not actually awake making all that noise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"