January 2011 Moms

Wow, the leakage has really kicked it up a notch.

Luckily, most of it is when I'm sleeping - but just now I felt a drop fall onto my belly! (Yes I'm in a tshirt & pj pants with no bra @ 7pm) Stick out tongue Totally weird. I think it may be time to get some breast pads - I'd hate to start leaking at work and have some crazy wet circles on my shirt!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wow, the leakage has really kicked it up a notch.

• I've been leaking for a while now, but I've noticed an increase as well.  Oh joy!

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• Mine just barely started.  Is it weird that I am kind of proud of it?  I feel like my body is doing what it's supposed to do (I know, it's growing the baby and all, but...).  I keep worrying that I'll not be able to breastfeed since I've heard so many stories from people who aren't able to.  And no, it's not weird to be in your tshirt and pj pants with no bra at 7pm.  I would be too if the step kids weren't here.  :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had any leakage yet...and I know that's normal too...but like PP said, it would provide some assurance to me that there's milk in there!
  • Dh was teasing me about my leaky boobs the other night. So to teach him I pulled one out and squirted him. Yup, my leaky boobs have become squirt gun weapons. Totally grossed him out, but shut him up!LOL
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsLynnyD:
    I haven't had any leakage yet...and I know that's normal too...but like PP said, it would provide some assurance to me that there's milk in there!

I never leaked before I had #1, I had plenty of milk, I haven't had any leakage this time either, some people just don't leak

• I'm glad I'm on the only one having this problem... I'm leaking like crazy now... I think it's time for breast pads here too... lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't leak with DD (or this go around) and when my milk came in BOY DID IT COME IN!  I wouldn't worry to those that aren't leaking.

• Yep I get the random belly splats these days when I'm getting ready for bed.
  • imagecess525:

I didn't leak with DD (or this go around) and when my milk came in BOY DID IT COME IN!  I wouldn't worry to those that aren't leaking.

the leaking/not leaking question came up in my breastfeeding class last week and the lactation consultant said that leakage (pre-delivery) has nothing to do with whether or not you'll be able to produce milk.  it actually depends on your hormones - there is some hormone that the placenta produces that keeps you from releasing milk.  once you deliver and the placenta is gone, things work as they are supposed to. leakage before delivery just means you are producing less of this hormone, which isn't a big deal.  i thought that was super interesting, and a little reassuring bc i haven't had any leakage yet! :)  hth.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not having any leakage yet.  My OB says it doesn't mean anything, but I can't help but feel a little anxious about my plumbing being connected.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"