3rd Trimester
Options

maybe im alone. mini vent

But it drives me bonkers when people ask me what we're naming th baby. I DON'T KNOW I haven't even met the kid yet! Grrrrrrrrr

Re: maybe im alone. mini vent

• Options
    90% of the time people are just making conversation, the don't really care.  We didn't name DD until she was 2 days old, but I'd still tell people our thoughts on names if they asked, it never bothered me.
    imageimage 
  • Options

this doesnt bother me as much as when I answer and tell people the name we chose (its Sabrina by the way) and they get a big ol bitter beer face and say "Like the witch?!?!?!" YES like the witch dumbass! But thats not why we picked the name.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Make up some crazy, off the wall, weird name and tell them with a straight face then just walk away.  They'll stop asking you Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageVazquezGal:

this doesnt bother me as much as when I answer and tell people the name we chose (its Sabrina by the way) and they get a big ol bitter beer face and say "Like the witch?!?!?!" YES like the witch dumbass! But thats not why we picked the name.

I have a friend named Sabrina and she gets compliments ALL THE TIME! Good choice!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • Options
    I guess it bugs me because my dad has incredibly awkward social skills. He's trying to be involved but doesn't know how. So every.single.time we talk he asks me. And I tell him we don't know, we're waiting till we meet him. Then he says we should name him after him. It's so frustrating. We didn't know last week. Or the week before. Or every week since we found out. We won't know next week. Or the next. So you can stop asking and think of new way to show off what an involved father you are. So for one big paragraph I'm on my phone.
  • Options

I think your Dad is just trying to make and effort and be nice, I would just humor him and remind him you are waiting until the baby is born. I dont know about you but I am already so done with all the baby questions but, people want to know and they are just trying to be nice. So I go with it.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Options

imageDeAnna&DavidRyder:
    But it drives me bonkers when people ask me what we're naming th baby. I DON'T KNOW I haven't even met the kid yet! Grrrrrrrrr

this

• Options
    You're probably not ALONE, but close to it.  Most people at least have ideas of names ready to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I am of the 'let's see the baby and then name him' camp. I would love to name him before he's born, but we have had a difficult time with each baby. No matter how many times I have told the SAME people this, they still ask every darn time we talk. It's like they think I am lying because I don't want to share the name. We really just have no clue, lol. It does get frustrating but I just answer politely and move on.
  • Options
    no, you're not alone....and people who were asking me last time and this time are almost militant about it...when i tell them we don't really have any names, but will just end up naming the kid at the hospital, they start volunteering names.  This happened on Thanksgiving to us; it was like 10 people trying to come up with lo's name. totes bizarre.
  • Options

imagegrace_smith03:
    no, you're not alone....and people who were asking me last time and this time are almost militant about it...when i tell them we don't really have any names, but will just end up naming the kid at the hospital, they start volunteering names.  This happened on Thanksgiving to us; it was like 10 people trying to come up with lo's name. totes bizarre.

ME TOO. We have names we like but we haven't decided on one. Simply telling people you don't know yet doesn't work. My cousin went crazy on fb about it. Seriously STFU. 

"You don't know?! How don't you know BLAH BLAH BLHA"

It's really not that complicated. I.DON'T.KNOW. 

I'm with ya deanna. It doesn't bother me that people simply ask, but most are PERSISTENT. 

• Options
    My stepdad and FIL are kind of like that. We're team green but have names picked- we just aren't sharing. It's not them trying to bug me, it's them trying to be involved and supportive of my pregnancy when they have no idea how to do that. Some people are kind of clueless... Just ask my mom and MIL :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You might be alone on this one cause it doesnt bother me either.
  • Options
    Big Smile This made me laugh...people say some thoughtless stuff at times.
  • Options
    Big Smile This made me laugh...people say some thoughtless stuff at times.
  • Options
    We don't have a name yet because we haven't really come to an agreement. Every time I talk to someone they ask what the name is and I respond by telling them there isn't one yet. They then remind me that I have less than 3 months so I better get on it. Really? As if it wasn't enough pressure to name a human you reminding me how little time I have until they're here helps so much! We are also not planning on telling people beforehand because when we've told people our thoughts on names they've always had something negative to say and I don't feel like dealing with it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"