3rd Trimester
Options

If this is your 3rd or more baby

and you didn't have a shower for #2, did anyone do anything for your 2nd baby when he or she was born?  I am not having a baby shower with this one because I'm going to have 2 boys and they will only be about 15 months apart, so I don't really need anything.  The only thing I need are a few newborn outfits since Ds was born in the summer.  Should I run out and get them myself, which I don't mind doing at all, or do people, friends and family, still get gifts for 2nd babies even if there's no shower?   What did your friends and family do for your 2nd baby?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If this is your 3rd or more baby

• Options
    my family still got gifts for this one, my third.  But we are having a "shower" after the baby comes.  And, not that I am expecting anything, I am sure there will be gifts.
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • Options
    My church and family will be giving me a shower, since it will be almost 3 years sense #2 was born. I was not expecting to have another baby and I got rid of all my baby things. Plus it has been over 5 years since I had my 1st baby shower fir #1.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My first two are 17 months apart. The second time around my close friends and family gave us a token gift ( one outfit etc.). It wasn't nearly as much as before, but I was very grateful for all the gifts.  Instead my close friends and family gave me what I needed the most .. lots of support through their time, chats, and food. :)

With the third, I definitely won't have a shower or do anything after baby arrives. Honestly I just want to get through those first few months and am looking forward to feeling like myself again.

• Options
    This is my 3rd in 3 years and I am not having or expecting anything from anyone other than family (mainly MIL).
  • Options
    I didn't have a shower with my 2nd, but I received a couple of outfits from friends and family.  If #3 is a girl, I'm curious to see what family, especially the grandmas, will do. 
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm pregnant with my 5th.  Only had a baby shower with #1.  With the rest my close family - sisters, mom, MIL, great grandparents bought a present for the baby once he/she was born - nothing major but something little like clothes or diapers that we needed. I definitely notice that you receive less and less the more kids you have.  If there is something you need right away I might buy it myself.  Otherwise, let your close friends/family know what you need if they ask.  Good luck!

• Options

I got tons of gifts from friends and family with #2. (No shower and the 2nd was also a boy.) Tons of diapers and other essentials....Plus cute clothing!

This time I had a tiny sprinkle and got some cute outfits and a few small things like a new boppy and some teethers etc. I really think people just enjoy buying for new babies!

• Options

This is our third and I certainly don't expect anything.  However, my family and H's will probably bring a small gift to the hospital or our home after the baby arrives -- especially since this one's a girl after two boys.  My mom's already been going crazy.

We got a few gifts after DS2 was born - mostly little outfits.  My boys were born in the same season, but they were very appreciated since most of my first son's stuff was pretty stained thanks to his reflux.

• Options
    I got a few gifts here and there - some cute outfits, blankets, and diapers - but not many.  I was in the same boat as you - 2 boys, 17 months apart.  To be honest, I didn't really need anything new.
  • Options
    imageStrawberrywine:

My first two are 17 months apart. The second time around my close friends and family gave us a token gift ( one outfit etc.). It wasn't nearly as much as before, but I was very grateful for all the gifts.  Instead my close friends and family gave me what I needed the most .. lots of support through their time, chats, and food. :)

With the third, I definitely won't have a shower or do anything after baby arrives. Honestly I just want to get through those first few months and am looking forward to feeling like myself again.

Our tickers look very similar and I'm totally with you on the bolded statement!!!

• Options
    I think a diaper party is always a fun way to get together have some laughs and have one item stocked for baby.  I did this with my second and it was very relaxed and a good time.  Most people want to contribute something and while diapers add up in cost one pack is not to bad as a gift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"