3rd Trimester
Options

i broke my arm

yep thats right... on my way to my baby shower - i stepped into a pot hole in the street and down i went.  put my arms out to protect my little girl and caught all the force of the fall with my arm.  ambulance came, they checked me out and said i was good to go to baby shower - I could feel baby girl moving and the only thing that hurt was my arm. EMT said i probably dislocated my elbow.  So i toughed it out through the shower and then after everything was over I had my partner take me to the hospital.  I dont think he realized my pain until the xray tech came and moved my arm around for the xrays. 

Anyhow baby girl is perfect, no early labor signs but i am in a cast with 4 weeks to go until due date... things could have been worse

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: i broke my arm

• Options
    Yikes. That is horrible! Luckily the baby is ok. Hope you feel better soon. Are you in a lot of pain? 

• Options
    Aw i'm sorry to hear that, I couldn't imagine being in a cast so close to my due date! Glad that your little girl was okay though! Happy healing :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am soo sorry you had to go thru that on such a special day!! :(
  • Options
    yikes! my BF ruptured his achilles tendon last week... he'll be in a cast for 6 weeks... and my due date is in 5... haha I feel helpless.
  • Options

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you. What a crazy thing...and on the way to your baby shower!

Glad you didn't hit your belly on the way down and I hope your arm heals fast:)

• Options
    I am so sorry, and I feel your pain.  I fell out of my car (SUV) getting DS out and broke my knee cap.  My right leg has been in an ankle to thigh immobilizer for 5 weeks now, and I should be crutch-free if baby arrives on time.  You have the right attitude to focus on the positive - that your LO is fine.  Hang in there!
  • Options
    I am so sorry that you had a fall. I hope that everything goes well from now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"