Pregnant after a Loss

My boss outed me today.

She's known from Day 1, we're close freinds.  Well she knows how I've been feeling and was giving me pointers.  As I walked by her today I told her that the OJ worked (I didn't think it would bec of the acid) and she says, very loudly "DO YOU KNOW WHAT MORNING SICKNESS IS?"

Indifferent <---- ME: UHH yah. 

She goes on to explain about low blood sugar and crap.... FFS Boss, you know I don't want people to know and at least 5 people w/in ear shot heard.  People I'm not close with and wouldn't care for them to know.  Now there gonna go off telling people "Oh did you hear Faso's KU" and I'm going to start getting random "Congrats!"  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr This is waht really sucked last time.  People asking me 3 mo's after my loss, "Oh, how you doin'" I hated these conversations.  So akward and hurtful to both parties.

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My boss outed me today.

• Ugh, bad boss. That sucks.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That sucks I am sorry. If you are close friends can you talk to her about how uncomfortable it made you?
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh FFS, geez, thanks boss. Someone needs to have a talk about boundaries!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• imagePrincessDi80:
    That sucks I am sorry. If you are close friends can you talk to her about how uncomfortable it made you?

I think she knows, and it was an accident.  I kinda did the same thing to her but regarding her problems w/DH.  they are splitting and I was offering her babysitting services and or whatever help she needs and another lady was like "Well can I call you when I need a sitter." and I said "no, you still have a spouse!"  oops.  honest mistake, even tho I don't think anyone knew what I was talking about, her sps could have been out of town or ssomething, kwim?  There's no alternate explanation for m/s...

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG that stinks!  Do you want me to come up there and slap her around???  (All 5'2" of me...lol)

And not for nothing, but I could have eaten til the cows came home (and did at times) and my morning sickness didn't care - I still barfed 3-4x/day - so I don't think it is solely attributed to low blood sugar....

You could always deny it for awhile I guess!

But you know, what happened to you last time was different.  There's no reason to assume you'll have to deal with those awkward conversations this time.  I know it's so hard to stay positive sometimes, such is life PgAL, but you have 2 great heartbeats in there my friend!!!! :)

My boss outed me at about 6 weeks (because I was throwing up at the office daily and he had nothing else to assume unless I was coming to work with a stomach flu for days on end) - it sucked having him know before our parents..but he was a great source of support at the same time...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Some people just don't think before they speak.  Hopefully no one was listening closely.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• imagespincat9:

OMG that stinks!  Do you want me to come up there and slap her around???  (All 5'2" of me...lol)

And not for nothing, but I could have eaten til the cows came home (and did at times) and my morning sickness didn't care - I still barfed 3-4x/day - so I don't think it is solely attributed to low blood sugar....

But you know, what happened to you last time was different.  There's no reason to assume you'll have to deal with those awkward conversations this time.  I know it's so hard to stay positive sometimes, such is life PgAL, but you have 2 great heartbeats in there my friend!!!! :)

My boss outed me at about 6 weeks (because I was throwing up at the office daily and he had nothing else to assume unless I was coming to work with a stomach flu for days on end) - it sucked having him know before our parents..but he was a great source of support at the same time...

Thanks babe.  I know I don't have to think that way but I can't stop myself.  I heard 121bpm HB w/my last pg @ 7 wks, that lil guy only grew to 8.5 wks by the time I had missed m/c @12 wks.  So HB's on a sonogram really don't reassure me unfortunately Sad

However, I'm just going to avoid talking to the possible people that heard....pretty impossible, but a girl can try!

• imageAGFaso:
    imagespincat9:

OMG that stinks!  Do you want me to come up there and slap her around???  (All 5'2" of me...lol)

Thanks babe.  I know I don't have to think that way but I can't stop myself.  I heard 121bpm HB w/my last pg @ 7 wks, that lil guy only grew to 8.5 wks by the time I had missed m/c @12 wks.  So HB's on a sonogram really don't reassure me unfortunately Sad

However, I'm just going to avoid talking to the possible people that heard....pretty impossible, but a girl can try!

Oh, believe me, I get it...I know you're still going to worry, as we all probably do...that's just my college try at being a cheerleader and offering some positive vibes and is not meant to be trite.  But I know that the HB's don't guarantee anything, it's just a matter of it being one small step in a series of small steps to get to where we all want to be.  My missed m/c was at 11 wks, and our little one stopped growing at 7.5 weeks.  But with this pregnancy, I found personally I had to take each little success/milestone and celebrate it, even if it meant no guarantees (because there aren't any of course), just so I was looking forward instead of backward.  DH kept having to remind me that just because "x" happened last time doesn't mean "x" will happen again.  Anyhoooo, just voicing my support for you and the babes!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's sucks! But we are just going to remain confident that this time both those little babies will continue to be perfect and you won't have to worry about any awkward conversations. Praying they are both your take home babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"