Austin Babies

VCR for sale? Anyone?

My VCR, after 17 good years, has gone kaput.  It's just spitting the tapes back at us for no good reason.  (no, nothing has been put in it.)

Now I know this isn't a huge deal to most, but back when I was a teen, I bought like every Disney movie known to man so I'd have them for my own kids.  And that has actually worked, until now!

SO, VCRs are practically all sold now as VCR/DVD combos and are more money than I feel like spending.  I don't feel like spending more than like $25.  Thought it wouldn't hurt to try:  Anyone have one sitting around that they want to sell?

imageimage
6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
My Blog! All about my girls and quilting

Re: VCR for sale? Anyone?

• have you tried austin freecycle?
  • We got one off CL for $20.  After I asked at Walmart and had the guy laugh in my face.  

ETA: you know what?  It totally was not $20.  It was $10.  Not like it matters, but I thought you should know.  ;)  And it's still working, last I checked. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We've long since sold our last one, but we bought it from Goodwill. I'd try there. I think it was like $2 or something from them!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • never thought about freecycle -- that might be worth it!

I'm always a bit wary of getting electronics from CL or Goodwill, but I guess if it's super-cheap I won't be out much.  I'll check those out too.

Thanks!

imageimage
  • imagenanann:

never thought about freecycle -- that might be worth it!

I'm always a bit wary of getting electronics from CL or Goodwill, but I guess if it's super-cheap I won't be out much.  I'll check those out too.

Thanks!

I might have one at home...will check tonight.

• I got tired of the boys scratching up each disney dvd we own so i got on CL and bought every disney movie on tape under the sun for $20.  got the VCR from goodwill for $5.  I had my pick of about 30 of them... no joke... all priced at $5 too.
    Jacob David (01/07), Matthew Isaac (12/08) & Kasey Elise (9/10)
    WEB
  • You might check a pawn shop, too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have one you can have.  Want to meet for lunch one day this week?  Let me know.
  • imageA&Jmom:
    We have one you can have.  Want to meet for lunch one day this week?  Let me know.

YES!  will e-mail.

Thanks so much everyone!  (and don't kill yourself looking now keri, but thanks so much for looking!)

imageimage
  • imagenanann:

imageA&Jmom:
    We have one you can have.  Want to meet for lunch one day this week?  Let me know.

YES!  will e-mail.

Thanks so much everyone!  (and don't kill yourself looking now keri, but thanks so much for looking!)

She beat me to it, but we also have one we don't need anymore.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"