3rd Trimester
Options

One of the hardest things about this pregnancy! (vent)

Besides being on bed rest because of bleeding and preterm labor, besides my body failing me this time around, besides all the unexpected L&D visits that lasted for days....the biggest thing of all is my 19 month old is mad at me.  He wants nothing to do with me.  He cries if he is left alone with me, and he backs away when I try to kiss him or hug him.  He only wants daddy.  I feel like a stranger in my young son's life when I use to be his world.  It breaks my heart, but I know he's upset by all that is going on.  I know he is probably wondering why I have to go to day care when I use to stay home with mommy.  He's probably trying to figure out why I can't pick him up, or why I'm stuck in a bed all day.  It makes me cry when he cowards from me.  I hope this is only temporary, and once this baby is born we'll be back to normal.  Thanks for letting me vent.    
imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage

Re: One of the hardest things about this pregnancy! (vent)

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I'm sure that he can sense that things are different right now, and he probably just doesn't understand. You're his mom and he loves you.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry, it'll definitely get easier. Left Hug
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everybody!  I keep trying to tell myself it's because his little world has been turned upside down, and he doesn't like it.  It probably feels safe to take it out his frustrations on me and even though I understand that, it hurts me inside at the same time.  I'm hoping once the baby comes it will get better.  Maybe not at first but eventually. 
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    Awww, that is so sad.  I'm sure it's only temporary.  He's probably so confused.  I'm sure that after the baby when you'll feel better he'll bounce back.  Maybe there's something special that just the two of you can do together in bed or on a couch, like watch a favorite show or play with a new toy or something.   Maybe a toy that he can only play with you.  I don't know what I'd do if I were on bed rest with a toddler. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Left Hug I am so sorry sweetie Right Hug I can only imagine how hard that must be. But things will get better and he will be back to being mommies little man. I promise you that. Little kids don't hold grudges for long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"