3rd Trimester
Options

Babies R Us FAIL!

Someone purchased the pack n play from my registry and it was delivered to my house. Great, fantastic, I was so happy to receive it! I go searching for who to make the thank you card out to and NOTHING!

The UPS tag only has my information on it, there is no invoice (the box was shipped as is, not contained within a packing box), and a call to the babies r us gets me: "we're sorry, it was purchased online so we're going to have look into how to find that information". 

Really people. Your store is all about the registry, you'd think you could get something like this little detail down pat. 

Anyone have a tactful way of asking people who sent the gift? 

Re: Babies R Us FAIL!

• Options

Don't ask me.  The very first gift bought off my Buy Buy registry never made an appearance at my shower or my doorstep.  It's become this great mystery and I have yet to ask.  A friend of mine told me she has a gift to give me Monday so I am hoping it's that one because it is the hamper set and I really need it!

Which PNP did you get?  Did you get the one with the twin bassinetts?  Thats the one we got.  I am still debating as to whether to have the boys sleep in it or go crib from day 1.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you blog? If you do and have family and friends follow you, you could ask on there. Or talk to both sets of parents, let them know you received but unsure who it came from. That way if someone says something to them they can pass the message on to you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image2006july15bride:

Don't ask me.  The very first gift bought off my Buy Buy registry never made an appearance at my shower or my doorstep.  It's become this great mystery and I have yet to ask.  A friend of mine told me she has a gift to give me Monday so I am hoping it's that one because it is the hamper set and I really need it!

Which PNP did you get?  Did you get the one with the twin bassinetts?  Thats the one we got.  I am still debating as to whether to have the boys sleep in it or go crib from day 1.

No, I got the Graco Hamilton w/ newborn napper. I thought about the twin one, but we're going to have them sleep in a crib from day one; so I decided to get something that I can use as a pen for one at a time.

Fingers crossed for the mystery gift! I hope it's the hamper! 

• Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    Do you blog? If you do and have family and friends follow you, you could ask on there. Or talk to both sets of parents, let them know you received but unsure who it came from. That way if someone says something to them they can pass the message on to you.

Unfortunately, I don't blog. But I will talk to our parents to keep their ears open. What an awkward situation...stupid BRU. My stroller was shipped the same way, minus any identification as to who the sender was, it didn't matter for that because I knew my aunts bought it for me. It's so dumb on BRU's part to ship big ticket items without an invoice.

• Options

I agree, see if your family can maybe find out. I'm sure whoever bought it has told somebody that was what they were going to get you. Good Luck!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The person has to include a gift tag.  BRU isn't just going to fill one out because they think they should.  There should be a little box to select that says "Include gift tag" and they may have forgotten.  Not really BRU's fault. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've gotten a few things from BRU and they don't contain anything regarding who sent it, etc!! It's frustrating and tacky on their part. The fact that it's an online shipment is cr@p b/c Bed, Bath and Beyond send us information even when it was an online purchase
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageEmjayTheHunted:
    The person has to include a gift tag.  BRU isn't just going to fill one out because they think they should.  There should be a little box to select that says "Include gift tag" and they may have forgotten.  Not really BRU's fault. 

this too

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    This happened to my SIL last year with something off her registry.  She called customer service and because the gift giver used their credit card, they were able to tell her who bought it.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It could be that the buyer forgot the tag. But I received a portion of a gift and the buyer received the other. She was mad - it was all supposed to go to her and she was going to wrap it all together and give it to me. There was a tag in there, but there may not have been in the portion she received. I had no indication that I wasn't supposed to get it or that there were more items purchased.

Long story short, maybe they bought something else, too.

• Options
    I usually just lurk, but this happened to me so I thought I would chime in. Open the pack and play box- my packing slip with gift note was shoved in there.  I found it yesterday- two months after I received it.  Awesome.
  • Options

imageEmjayTheHunted:

I've received smaller items and there was an invoice included which had the gift givers name listed. They weren't gift tag messages either, yup, just checked, it's an invoice with a return shipping label etc etc. So, I still think it's because BRU ships larger items not enclosed in a packing box and there isn't a place for them to enclose an invoice. 

• Options

imageL-Train:
    I usually just lurk, but this happened to me so I thought I would chime in. Open the pack and play box- my packing slip with gift note was shoved in there.  I found it yesterday- two months after I received it.  Awesome.

I did, nothing inside! Same with the stroller. I get not having a gift tag if someone forgot to write one (i usually do) but no packing slip...odd. Maybe it's the holiday rush? Oh well, I've put it out to my close friends and family...I'm sure we'll figure it out. 

• Options
    Same thing happened to me except it was a small store based out of another state. Got a really cute wagon full of white baby clothes and no gift card! Took us a month to find out who the gift was from. I guess it just happens.
  • Options

If they didn't specify to have a note or something on it then IDK why BRU would automatically put it on there. . .

I think you just need to ask around, no one is going to think it's weird that you want  to know who to thank. 

edited for a major spelling fail. 

• Options
    This happened to us when we got married.  We got a gift sent to our house but didnt say who it was from and target had no way of finding out.  I still have no idea who sent it to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"